Error notice upon trying to subcribe to Visual Voicemail
joethomz

I am trying to subscribe to Visual Voice Mail on my Blackberry Bold and I keep getting an error notice. The error notice reads: "The server returned the following error while attempting to fulfill your request: 'Connection Timed Out'" 

Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Error notice upon trying to subcribe to Visual Voicemail
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

The most common cause for Visual Voice Mail (VVM) errors during setup is because the user did not call customer service to activate the feature.  From your device, call *611 for customer service and have the feature added to your account.  Then, proceed with setup and it will work.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Error notice upon trying to subcribe to Visual Voicemail
RalphT
Contributor - Level 3

Thank you to 

Our Customer Service Department is open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., daily. If you wish to speak to a representative, please call *611 from your wireless handset or 800-922-0204 from a landline phone."

Follow these instructions below to add Visual Voice mail to your BlackBerry Bold

1. Make sure that your voice mailbox and password have been created by dialing *86.
  2. On SmartPhones, click on the Visual Voice Mail or Voice Mail icon.  On Feature Phones, open the Messaging Menu and locate Visual Voice Mail.
  3. Select Visual Voice Mail.
  4. After a brief message, download the Visual Voice Mail application if prompted.
  5. Enter your voice mail password that you have already created. This is the same as the voice mail password you set up using *86.
  6. Follow the prompts to accept Terms & Conditions.
  7. Select "Subscribe."
  8. Wait up to 5 minutes for Visual Voice Mail to complete setup.
  9. Begin receiving and using Visual Voice Mail. 
0 Likes