Errors on Media card.
solojedi

I recently got a BB Tour. I put in my media card from my old BB to this on. When inserted, I get a message that says, "A Media Card has been inserted that contains errors." To correct the errors, please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer." WHERE DO I GET THAT? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Errors on Media card.
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Try reformatting the card while in the phone. Go to Options > Memory > hit the menu button and select Format.

If that doesn't fix it then you want to take the memory card out of your phone, stick into your computer where it should show up as a removable drive.

Assuming your running Windows; click the start button and select Run: then type in CMD. A Command Prompt window will open that and the first line should be C:> or something similiar. Find out the drive letter of your memory card and then type in X: chkdsk /f and hit enter (replace X with the drive letter for your memory card). Check disk will attempt to fix any errors on the card.

Beyond that, you may have a defective memory card.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Errors on Media card.
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Try reformatting the card while in the phone. Go to Options > Memory > hit the menu button and select Format.

If that doesn't fix it then you want to take the memory card out of your phone, stick into your computer where it should show up as a removable drive.

Assuming your running Windows; click the start button and select Run: then type in CMD. A Command Prompt window will open that and the first line should be C:> or something similiar. Find out the drive letter of your memory card and then type in X: chkdsk /f and hit enter (replace X with the drive letter for your memory card). Check disk will attempt to fix any errors on the card.

Beyond that, you may have a defective memory card.

0 Likes