Ever going to fix screen dimming in .328?
jadzia007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I as many BB users have a screen dimming issue since the upgrade to 5.0.0.328.  Is RIM ever going to send out an official fix for it? It is very annoying. I like a lot of the features in the new OS, but the screen dimming is an issue that should be fixed by now. I know it's been fixed in leaked OSs, so when will Verizon demand a fix for it's customers?

It's not settings so please don't go that route.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ever going to fix screen dimming in .328?
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

Upgrade to .419 and it will go away.

0 Likes
jadzia007
Enthusiast - Level 2

But will that void any Verizon Warranties since it isn't an "official" release from them? That is my main reason from not upgrading. The guys at the local store are like...don't upgrade- wink wink, but then what happens when I have a problem.

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

jadzia007 wrote:

But will that void any Verizon Warranties since it isn't an "official" release from them? That is my main reason from not upgrading. The guys at the local store are like...don't upgrade- wink wink, but then what happens when I have a problem.

This was discussed one post down too.  When it comes to CS you get a different answer everytime.  I'm hoping one of the CS reps on here will give us a straight answer.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

jadzia007 wrote:

Don't worry about that, if something happens just reinstall the 328, if you can't access the Device, they can't either in which case they will replace it. Just make sure you wipe the old OS off the device. Should show a 507 error on screen if completely wiped. Then reinstall the 419, all your problems will disappear! 419 runs sweet. I have been running it since it hit the internet and runs perfect. I don't know why, But Verizon is always LAST to release their updates. I guess that's what happens when you get too big, Customers suffer.

0 Likes
jadzia007
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the replies.

Mac-that's what everyone says, but I guess I"m still worried....if I take it in and it's looks bricked to me...what happens if they get it working. 

Would love to hear from Verizon CS on here (at least it will be in writing..lol)  I think they should allow you to upgrade to a more stable OS. I mean, from what I understand .419 is from RIM so it's not like a guy down the street did it....    if it works better, let us replace it.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I think you will see the .419 OS released soon by a lot of carriers.  MTS Mobility just released it officially for the Tour today.  I guess we will see soon.

Doc

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

MacDaddy wrote:

jadzia007 wrote:

Don't worry about that, if something happens just reinstall the 328, if you can't access the Device, they can't either in which case they will replace it. Just make sure you wipe the old OS off the device. Should show a 507 error on screen if completely wiped. Then reinstall the 419, all your problems will disappear! 419 runs sweet. I have been running it since it hit the internet and runs perfect. I don't know why, But Verizon is always LAST to release their updates. I guess that's what happens when you get too big, Customers suffer.

I agree :smileyhappy:

0 Likes