Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Extended Warranty -Highway Robbery!
bananamama2

My first BlackBerry lasted two years - loved it.  Fortunately my "new every 2" was available when the kids spilled coffee all over it.

I've had my second BB for 2 months now.  Suddenly I can't hear the person I'm speaking with on the phone.  I can send and receive calls, the person I'm speaking with can hear me, but I can't hear them.

My warranty is in effect, but I took a good look at my Total Equipment Coverage - $8 per month adds up to $96 per year, or $192 over 2 years, then there is an $89 deductible - AND...............you get a REFURBISHED PHONE in return.

What a rip-off.

Am I missing something?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Extended Warranty -Highway Robbery!
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

Sorry your phone isn't working right.  I can understand about the warranty thing.  To be truthful with you, that is one of the reasons I never got the extended warranty.  What kind of Blackberry do you have?  If the sound quit working all of a sudden, I can think of a few things that you might can troubleshoot, if you want to try?

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Extended Warranty -Highway Robbery!
budone
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

During the first year, you are covered by the manufacturer warranty. Take the phone back and get a replacement. It will be a refurb, but you will not have to pay out of the pocket.

And much like a car with insurance,  you get in an accident, you pay a deductible. The car is not replaced with a new car, it is repaired.

At least with the phone, you do not have to send it back to be repaired and wait. You get another phone quickly.

0 Likes