Face dialing, muting and hanging up on the Storm2
kaybeee

Does anyone know how to lock the phone while on a call. If I tilt my head, my cheek will hit anything from the number pad, mute, speaker phone and more often than not-hang up on a call. I can lock the phone in stand by, but not while talking?! It's more than a little frustrating. I saw a few paid apps online, but this seems to be something that should be a free fix.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Face dialing, muting and hanging up on the Storm2
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am not 100% positive, but I don't think you can lock the keypad while in a telephone call on a Blackberry device.  Perhaps you can switch to speaker while in a call and see if that helps.  Press the $ symbol key and it will toggle between speaker and normal mode.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Face dialing, muting and hanging up on the Storm2
petaholic

i haven't even had the storm 2 for 3 weeks (new activation) and i have been through all of it to get the same issue resolved. It hangs up on everyone i talk to if i move my face. For the last time i went to turn the phone into the store because I was sick of it, a nice guy showed me his on his hip (employee) and says his did the same thing. He turned my screen sensitivity down from 5 to 2 and said he has a third party app that locks the screen while on a call. I didn't ask exactly which app he had but i went and found my own called patternlock. But I seriously think it hung up on someone also at one point today. i got this app last night and intend on giving it a couple more days to see. It was only $2.99. If this doesn't work then the phone is going back before my 30 days. Then onto decide if i want the tour or curve. Which each to me has their downfalls. Clueless and super aggrevated.

0 Likes