Facebook for Blackberry...New Version Released
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

I just wanted to pass along that RIM has released a new version of the Facebook app for Blackberry.  The new version is 1.8.0.49.  The interface appears to be like the previous release but it runs smoother.  One notable change is how photos are viewed.  The photo interface seems to run a lot smoother on my Bold 9650.  A user can also "like" a photo from within the photo viewing interface.  Overall, I believe this version runs a bit smoother, at least it does for me.  I would not get too excited about this release, as it appears to be pretty much the same as the previous version.  Basically, it just runs smoother.  I just wanted to pass this info along to you.  Take care.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Facebook for Blackberry...New Version Released
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Thanks for the heads-up, Doc! 

0 Likes
Re: Facebook for Blackberry...New Version Released
kfa1217

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi, all,

I just wanted to pass along that RIM has released a new version of the Facebook app for Blackberry.  The new version is 1.8.0.49.  The interface appears to be like the previous release but it runs smoother.  One notable change is how photos are viewed.  The photo interface seems to run a lot smoother on my Bold 9650.  A user can also "like" a photo from within the photo viewing interface.  Overall, I believe this version runs a bit smoother, at least it does for me.  I would not get too excited about this release, as it appears to be pretty much the same as the previous version.  Basically, it just runs smoother.  I just wanted to pass this info along to you.  Take care.

Doc

I also wanted to share that the updates on your BB are now 'real-time' instead of the 5-10 minute delay from the previous versions...sometimes people would comment on your status but you wouldn't get it on your BB for 7-10 minutes and they would have already signed off before you could reply...much easier/quicker to upload pics to! Love the new version!

0 Likes