Family Shareplan -- Select or Basic??
brins

I am planning on getting two Tours with a Family Shareplan but not sure if I need the unlimited text, messaging, etc with select.  Do I need this with a Blackberry?

OBTW, this will be my first Blackberry thus the novice type question :smileywink:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Family Shareplan -- Select or Basic??
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Blackberry's only require the $29.99 data plan for unlimited web and email. You don't have to get a messaging package if you don't need it. So it's up to you. Do you need total unlimited messaging? Or could you get by with a smallar $5 or $10 package or messaging? How much messaging do you do?

0 Likes
brins

Neither my wife or I do any messaging, maybe an occasional text message.  Our current plan with Sprint had made 30 messages/month max.  I'm thinking about just using the pay as you go plan and rely more on BB email or my POP3 emails.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Then you'll want to go with the Basic plan with no messaging. So you'll be charged per message on each line; .20 per text sent/received and .25 per picture/video message sent/received.

The data plan will provide you with total unlimited data access on your device. You can send/receive a million emails a month without any extra charge.

Have fun!

0 Likes
brins

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I agree.  You can always monitor you usage per line with My Verizon.  If you see that you are spending too much money with the Basic plan and pay per message, then you can always call Verizon and upgrade you plan. 

Doc

0 Likes
FLpilot

In my family we are using the BB messenger (does not charge per message) to text between the family TOURs, and added the $5.00 text plan for those other texts.  With BB messenger you can send PIX and TXT to any blackberry user worldwide.

0 Likes