Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Finding used cell phones
terrylynn57

I am looking for a Blackberry Curve 8520 or 8530, but the best deal I could get with the Verizon store was $199, as my contract is not up.

Ebay prices are higher than the store!

Can anyone give me some suggestions on where to find a used Curve at a decent price?

Thank you    :smileyhappy:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Finding used cell phones
bstorm2b

Can I ask how much time you have left on your current contract?

0 Likes
terrylynn57

I have until April 2011, but I was told I could get a new phone this August, and that would automatically extend my contract for two more years.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne

terrylynn57 wrote:

I have until April 2011, but I was told I could get a new phone this August, and that would automatically extend my contract for two more years.

Wow that is a long time to go. The Curve 8520 phone won't work on Verizon. That is a GSM phone made specificly for GSM networks such as T-mobile or AT&T.It is incomaptible and would never work. For the 8530, try looking on craigslist

0 Likes
Bsmith151

There are a few auctions now on E-Bay that are running less than the $199 new contract price, what the final winning bid will be remains to be determined.  Keep in mind that people on E-Bay base prices on the MSRP carrier prices without contract, trying to attract those who want a new device but are not eligible for a carrier discount.  So even a $275 price is much lower than the full retail without contract price at Verizon or another carrier. 

0 Likes
MorganB

Be careful when purchasing a phone from a website other than Verizon Wireless. Be sure to check that the equipment is a Verizon Wireless compatible phone and the ESN is not on the negative list for being reported lost or stolen.

0 Likes