First Time berry user - Email Isues
vajjas1

I was always a Win Mobile user but since pro 2 is not workiing for me,decided to try blackberry storm 2, I am very puzzled with 2 questions:

#1 Is there any way in this world i can sync up MS outlook calendar and email through my dataplan? (my email from our MS outlook is not syncing real time) - good third party or any other options.

#2 Is there anyway i can set up IMAP email, so when my emails are downloaded, my account on my phone refresh?, or else i will end up with loads of email  andend up using the memory.

Thanks in Advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: First Time berry user - Email Issues
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

It sounds like you are using just the standard BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). With this, it is not possible to to sync your MS Outlook over the air. In order to do this, your computer would have to have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server in order for you to see the same messages on your BlackBerry as you do in your Outlook. IMAP, at least the folder view part, is also not support with the standard BIS

0 Likes
vajjas1

Hi,

But for small business like me, outlook is at by day job and IMAP is just a pop email from my website, we cant afford a blackberry enterprise version to receive emails from my website. Are there any other solutions out there?

0 Likes
JB21386
Contributor - Level 1

Not that I know of.

The standard BIS supports IMAP, but you will only be able to view the inbox, not any sub folders. And it will not show you anything that is currently in your inbox, only new messages and they arrive on your BlackBerry. Using my Gmail I account. I find realy the only thing it sync's with IMAP is if I have read the message or not.

If a big draw back if you ask me. Out of the box, Windows mobile phones and the iPhone support viewing IMAP folders would out purchasing anything additional.

0 Likes