Ford Sync
Katerific

I have my Blackberry Curve synced up with Ford Sync.  The Sync system has a directions feature that requires downloading directions from the phone to the car.  It was working great until I did the Verizon update (*228).  Since that time, the downloading from the Blackberry to the Sync system hangs up and never completes.  Curiously, I was half-way across the state and tried it and the Sync directions worked fine.  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ford Sync
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Hello! This is Noah with Verizon Wireless, I hope you are having a great day. I would be happy to address your post today.

Lets try 3 steps to resolve this issue.

1, Could I get you to power the phone off, remove and replace the battery to do a soft reset on the device.

2. Then could I get you to dial *228 send and option 2 again in your home area to update the PRL.

3. Next could I get you to try un-pairing the device and car then pairing the two again.

0 Likes
Re: Ford Sync
35Ford

In response to those with Ford Sync and those who cannot download "Directions".  I bought a new Ford with Sync a year ago and my Motorola W766 worked fine (except for text messages).  You need a phone that supports SMS.  In the last several months I have not been able to use Directions because, "it can't find my car."   I have tried 3 different phones and none work with this service.  I have read that Verizon does not support 3rd party GPS.  But they did at one time.  Also have read that change over from 3G to 4G might be the problem.  Anyway it will not work along the front range of Colorado.  So I bought a T-Mobile $39.00 phone with bluetooth (pay as you go)  and it connected on the first try.  I did this after viewing another post who connected with AT&T on the first try.

So disappointing.  I have been with Verizon for 15 years (Cellular ONE)

0 Likes