Ghost Push possesses Android devices; only version 6.0 is safe
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

vzw_customer_supportverizonmoderator2

VZW Customer Support PRIV owners are not protected against Ghost Push. What is your response?

Ghost Push possesses Android devices; only version 6.0 is safe

"According to researchers at Cheetah Mobile, the latest iteration of the old Ghost Push trojan – discovered in September 2015 – is capable of rooting almost all phones running on Android Lollipop or any OS that preceded it. "

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Ghost Push possesses Android devices; only version 6.0 is safe
adriennep_vzw
Verizon Employee

I know how important it is to have the latest and greatest software, rgray. I'm here to help. I apologize but at this time I do not have information on any software updates for the BlackBerry Priv. You can check out software update info here PRIV by BlackBerry Software Update | Verizon Wireless .

0 Likes
Re: Ghost Push possesses Android devices; only version 6.0 is safe
rgray
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you for the reply Adrienne @adriennep_vzw . Unfortunately the lack of information and lack of updates has lead me to consider leaving Verizon. vzw_customer_support​ hasn't provided security updates for the current operating system since June. It also hasn't provided the latest Andriod operating system the PRIV. I understand vzw_customer_support​ may be testing it but they fail to keep their customers up to date with their progress. .

No news at all.  Other carriers have been keeping the PRIV up to date but not Verizon. I've spoken to Blackberry support and they have received many many calls from unhappy Verizon customers. They sent updates and OS upgrades to vzw_customer_support​ months ago but vzw_customer_support​ hasn't done anything.

I'm dissatisfied with the level of customer service from Verizon so I might as well leave