Give us the Blackberry 6 please!
John1990

Been a blackberry user since the first ever blackberry and the thought of upgrading my device to anything other than the blackberry 6 is just unacceptable! Does anyone know if Verizon will ever pick it up and offer the wonderous phone to all of its loyal customers!:smileywink: If not, here is the forum question:

Is it possible to buy an unlocked Blackberry 6 and use my verizon sim and still get all the perks and benefits from Verizon such as customer support or is there no chance? (also is that illegal?)

Thank you for any help,

John

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Give us the Blackberry 6 please!
Spiral
Master - Level 1

John1990 wrote:

excellent question, the lazy person I am, I did not realise the Blackberry 6 was an OS all of the Blackberrys could get (I think that is correct), so can the Tour get the OS 6? or would we have to upgrade our device to lets say the Torch with the OS 6?

You will have to upgrade your device to utilize Blackberry OS 6.  The only current Verizon Blackberry phones capable of using this Operating System are the Bold 9650 and the Curve 9330.

You may want to wait before upgrading as there are a new line of Blackberry phones due to release in the late summer which will be running the new Blackberry Operating System 7.  I recommend you go to www.blackberry.com for more details.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Are you wanting a BlackBerry device with OS 6? Or OS 6 on your Tour?

0 Likes
John1990

excellent question, the lazy person I am, I did not realise the Blackberry 6 was an OS all of the Blackberrys could get (I think that is correct), so can the Tour get the OS 6? or would we have to upgrade our device to lets say the Torch with the OS 6?

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

John1990 wrote:

You will have to upgrade your device to utilize Blackberry OS 6.  The only current Verizon Blackberry phones capable of using this Operating System are the Bold 9650 and the Curve 9330.

You may want to wait before upgrading as there are a new line of Blackberry phones due to release in the late summer which will be running the new Blackberry Operating System 7.  I recommend you go to www.blackberry.com for more details.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

I would look at installing BBTweaks.com hybrid 9630 -  v975.6.0 on your Tour. I found it faster than the stock Verizon OS on the 9650.

0 Likes
John1990

Thanks for all the info! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes