Gmail BB Pearl Flip
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

When I send emails thru gmail, it used to show that the email was sent, but for whatever reason, now it won't....I used to be able to see Sent and Received under the Gmail folder.  My settings are set to show Filed Messages and Sent Messages.

Earlier, my phone was hourglassing, so I removed the battery; registered the phone, and now it seems as though I can't see my Sent gmail msgs.  I've also turned the phone off....

Any ideas?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Gmail BB Pearl Flip
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Okay, like my previous post the service books re-install didn't work.

As suspected, I think it did fix itself, altho, yesterday, I was having another issue----somehow, I wasn't connected to the network, anymore, so when I did *228 (twice I had to do this), to get re-connected to the network, my gmail started showing the sent emails.

So, one issue was resolved while trying to fix another........weird

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Since you said you registered the phone again, I would try resending your service books. That usually solves all my email problems.
0 Likes
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello

Thanks for your response.  How do I resend my Service Books?  When I view the list, I don't see an option to "resend."

Thanks again.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I do it from here: https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. (Well, mine is actually alltel.blackberry.com because I have an Alltel plan.) Regardless, once you are viewing your email accounts, you will see a "Help" option on the left side of the page ... when you click that, you'll see a button that says "Send Service Books." 

Here, you can also check and set filters, if you don't want certain kinds of emails to push to your device, and change your signature.

Post back and let me know if this worked for you. I have a deactivated Pearl Flip, but I don't see anything in the menus that is different from above. Good luck.

0 Likes
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Unfortunately that didn't work.  Guess, it will have to fix itself mysteriously, the same way it mysteriously broke itself.

If I respond to an email I can see that the email was sent, but I still can't see that an original email was sent, if Im in my gmail folder.  The other email folders (yahoo, blackberry, etc) show that the email was sent, it's just Gmail......

Thanks

0 Likes
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Okay, like my previous post the service books re-install didn't work.

As suspected, I think it did fix itself, altho, yesterday, I was having another issue----somehow, I wasn't connected to the network, anymore, so when I did *228 (twice I had to do this), to get re-connected to the network, my gmail started showing the sent emails.

So, one issue was resolved while trying to fix another........weird

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
Well, I'm glad it's resolved, intentional or not. :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
ricanluve
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke too soon!  ha

*228 is one thing to do, when troubleshooting.....what's the other?  It's another *_ _ _

I thought it was *325 or *328 something like that....

any ideas? maybe I should wait a week, and see if it fixes itself, lol

ugghhh!

Thanks

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

The only ones I know are *228 option 1 to activate, *228 option 2 to update preferred roaming list (often used to troubleshoot), and of course *611 for customer service. Good luck.

0 Likes