Got a new Tour, email icon won't go away....
mjc196

This is not my first blackberry but my previous one wasn't with Verizon.  I love the Tour as it is much more advanced than my old BB, BUT the email icon won't go away!  It keeps indicating that I have 1 unread message, but that is not the case (I've read all of my messages on my device and on the actual email account).  When I get a brand new message, the icon indicates 2 unread messages when in fact i have only 1 new incoming message.  I've reset the device by taking out the battery, but no luck.  Any other suggestions? 

Also, what is that symbol on the top right - it's a small circle with the plus sign in the middle?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Got a new Tour, email icon won't go away....
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It is possible you have an unread message in your saved messages folder.  Open the messages folder and press the menu key.  Select View Saved Messages and see if it is there.  The icon you mentioned is your GPS location icon.  It should have three ))) next to it. 

Doc

0 Likes
mjc196

Doc - I tried what you recommended.  It didn't work.  I looked at all the folders that could have unread messages and I can't find anything.  What if I uninstall the email and reinstall it on the blackberry?  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Before you try that, resend your service books.  Go to Email Settings, press the Menu key.  Select Service Books and select Resend Service Books.  Then pull the battery and see if that does the trick.  If that does not work, you can try to set your email folders up again.  Before you do that, do me a favor and backup your device with Blackberry Desktop Manager, just in case you lose something.

Doc

0 Likes
mjc196

Ok - I have tried everything.  Resent my service books, pulled the battery after resending books.  Nothing is working.  How do I completely reboot the device?  It's brand new so not much data is on there anyway.  Plus I'vebacked everything up.

0 Likes
MyTwoCents

Before you try and wipe your phone, check some of the apps that you have loaded on your phone.  The "new message" is probably in one of those apps.  YouMail, FaceBook, Twitter, or one of the messenger programs is probably where it is.  If you don't see it hit menu and "see all", it might be in an app that you can't see.  Let me know how it worked out, it's not the phone, there is a message in there somewhere.

0 Likes
mjc196

The problem is resolved.  It turned out to be a missed phone call which was still under the "messages" folder.  I've hidden the Messages folder - I had no idea it captured everything including emails, FB messages, and phone calls.  I thought it was good enought that I looked at the missed call in my phone logs.  Wish I'd known this earlier.....it's silly this BB captures everything in 2 folders.  My Pearl didn't do that.  Oh well, lesson learned.  Thanks to those who responded.

0 Likes