HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
forgetfull1

i just changed my device password and i cant remember it for the life of me!!!..... i only had 10 trys to remember im on my 10th try! it says "Last atempt!! information will be erased on failure!"  WHAT DO I DO!!!! and what will it erase?!

please!!! HELP ME!!!!!

thanks lol.... :smileysad:

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!
Spiral
Master - Level 1

forgetfull1 wrote:

i just changed my device password and i cant remember it for the life of me!!!..... i only had 10 trys to remember im on my 10th try! it says "Last atempt!! information will be erased on failure!"  WHAT DO I DO!!!! and what will it erase?!

please!!! HELP ME!!!!!

thanks lol.... :smileysad:

Sorry, there is nothing we can do to help you unless you can remember the correct password.  The Security wipe will erase all data on the phone (messages, email, settings, etc.) and restore it to the default settings.  It will not erase the micro SD card.

If you have a recent data backup you will be able to restore your settings and data from that point.  Good luck. 

0 Likes
forgetfull1

what about contacts? im assuming thats part of the "data"??

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

forgetfull1 wrote:

what about contacts? im assuming thats part of the "data"??

Contacts will be wiped also.  Hopefully you have backups.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Have you backed up your BlackBerry to your computer using Desktop Manager? For future reference, it's a good idea to do this once a week.

After 10 attempts, the device will wipe itself and it'll be reset to factory condition (as it was out of the box). This is a BlackBerry safety feature. You will lose everything saved to device memory, and I don't think it can be recovered (unless you backed up ... then you can simply restore using Desktop Manager). I'm not certain, but the data you have saved to your SD card may be OK; I don't think that gets reformatted, but maybe you want to remove it before your 10th attempt just to be safe.

Soooo, common passwords ... last four of your phone number, soc sec number, address, date you met your significant other, same code you use for a debit card, 0000, 1234???

Good luck to you!

0 Likes
peligro911

thats the reaon i dont use the lock feature ... i wish it would just make the phone inactive for say 10 min like other devices ...

there is some apps that you can use that will lock your phone and not have to wipe if you dont remember them.

Not sure if its possible but i bet its not as this would be a work around to get someones data .and im sure im not the only one who would think of this... if you could backup the phone with DM while its locked then take you last shot and if your wrong after the wipe then reload the backup in DM only selecting certain databases and not settings so that way you dont restore the lock with the password you dont remember..

other than that i think if you dont remember the password then you will lose your data

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

peligro911 wrote:

thats the reaon i dont use the lock feature ... i wish it would just make the phone inactive for say 10 min like other devices ...

there is some apps that you can use that will lock your phone and not have to wipe if you dont remember them.

Not sure if its possible but i bet its not as this would be a work around to get someones data .and im sure im not the only one who would think of this... if you could backup the phone with DM while its locked then take you last shot and if your wrong after the wipe then reload the backup in DM only selecting certain databases and not settings so that way you dont restore the lock with the password you dont remember..

other than that i think if you dont remember the password then you will lose your data

You cannot backup the phone while locked.  You need the correct password to backup the phone - and it counts as one of your attempts if you put in the wrong password.

That there is no workaround is why many people (especially government agencies) like the Blackberry.  If the phone is lost the data within cannot be retrieved by an outside source.  I personally love the password lock feature even though I have nothing of any value to hide (lol).  Just knowing that my contact list and personal email accounts will not be compromised for the cost of 2 minutes per week to back up my data (that is literally how long it takes) works for me.

0 Likes