HOW DO WE END UP WITH ISSUES AND PROBLEMS WITH THE BB TOUR UPDATE?
arnhelzky

HOW DO WE END UP WITH ISSUES AND PROBLEMS WITH THE BB TOUR UPDATE?

I've read a lot issues and concerns regarding the bb tour OS 5.0.0..... update.... and why do these guys say the same things? WOULD SOMEBODY OUT THERE ANSWER MY SIMPLE QUESTION? IS THE NEW OS GOOD? OR IS IT OK? are there any good comments regarding the update? honestly I cant find one... or maybe, these forum thingy are just for problems and concerns? guys, let me know the good stuff for this update..

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HOW DO WE END UP WITH ISSUES AND PROBLEMS WITH THE BB TOUR UPDATE?
docmlg

I agree.  Since I have upgraded I am having a problem with my web browser.  I can no longer click on links on web pages.  The pointer still turns into a hand but when you click a link nothing happens and it "freezes" for a split second before it will move again, then If I move the pointer to a different part of the link a few times it will work but it is VERY annoying!  I have done a bettery pull 2 or 3 times and it is ok for a few minutes then starts again.  Anyone have any ideas?  I didnt have this issue prior to upgrading to OS 5.0.  Please help!

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

It is sounding like the new upgrade is OK.  I would recommend waiting for the next release where most of these bugs should be patched.

0 Likes
Jude526

honestly  there is nothing I found good in this update.  I hate it and downgraded back to the 4.7 

If you have issues with it, your best bet is to downgrade as well.  If you haven't upgraded then good  DONT  it will save you a lot of grief.

My issues:

hate threaded text messaging

very poor battery life with the 5.0

screen froze a lot in the browser

BB decided to add a 1+  to the phone numbers    I am sorry but this isn't something needed on cellular and it just bugs me !

But my other issues just made it tough to like this OS

Also my Bluetooth wasn't as good as before

My emails would disappear after sending and appear in another folder...............Verizon couldn't resolve this issue

lock issues

these are issues I found annoying

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

There are always bugs with every update for every device.  Some are simple fixes others are not.  I recommend everyone go over to crackberry and look for answers there.  There is good information there that VZW customer support will not provide.

I will probably get banned for recommending this, if so good luck folks!

0 Likes
Lora79

The update wiped out my address book completely. First the people were there, but wouldn't get displayed on an incoming call / text.  I also had to scroll through the address book because when I typed their names in i got a message that the name wasn't there.  Then out of nowhere, they were all gone.  and when i restore from the desktop manager, it restores everything except the contact list.  all my contacts - GONE.  and verizon technical support doesn't know how to fix it.  blackberry technical support is going to charge me for them to fix their own f-ing programming problem

0 Likes
tracyschef

According VZW if you are having problems with phone the new upgrade is supposed to fix them. That there is nothing wrong with phone.

0 Likes
Jude526

A new patch came out today for it, but after downloading again  I simply can't justify keeping it.  I am so furious with the whole ordeal, I downgraded back to the 4.7 OS   I am seriously thinking of not having BB anymore once my contract is up in mar 2011

I love the Tour  The device itself is wonderful.  It is RIM and this horrible OS  I have lame complaints I guess.  I do not understand why there has to be 1 + dialing.  In the mobile industry, it isn't needed.  And now with this new OS calls have the 1 + dialing.

Very annoying to me.  Verizon told me this is RIM   I think it is Verizon because a friend of mine on T Mobile doesn't have 1+ dialing on her new Bold..............so why does Verizon?  I just asked her before coming into this forum. 

Battery life is horrible.  I made two   that's right  TWO short phone calls and one text message  I went from 85% to 70 %

This is totally unacceptable to me.  I need good battery life.  it is my only phone. 

I don't use the BBM much.  I am not a fan of threaded texting.  And now texting is threaded.

My emails disappear immediately upon sending them and show up in the message folder.  They don't stay in the email folder......why ?  I don't like this either.  I like the 4.7 so much better.  But I know if I stay with BB with my upgrade, will be stuck with the changes they made and I simply don't like them

Android is looking so much better to me. 

0 Likes
tracyschef
I finally convinced verizon to let me switch phones long before my upgrade date. I had so many problems with my Tour, and I neededa phone that worked since it was my business phone. I have switched to the Droid as of tomorrow.
0 Likes