Re: Blackberry 10.2.1 official update on my Q10
scter15
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried that; using BB Link. Either it's blocked by verizon or simply connecting doesn't work. I have also rebooted the phone. From the following conversations it seems crappy verizon not releasing or blocking the updates. I would appreciate it if you would post any additional ways to circumvent verizon. 

0 Likes
iamtheoneiam
Enthusiast - Level 2

We, Verizon BlackBerry customers, need to do everything we can to make this unforgiveable sin EXPENSIVE for Verizon.

Leave Verizon.  I already moved 7 of my 8 shared plan phones out of Verizon because I'm sick of overpaying a premium for a service that is not significantly better than much cheaper simpler competitors (such as Straight Talk).

Make sure when you call to cancel each phone one at a time that you are very clear that the primary reason you are switching and will never trust Verizon again is because of their gross negligence in releasing 10.2.1 for Q10 in a timely manner.

Call Verizon customer service every day and explain to them.  BlackBerry has released 10.2.1 months ago.  It's been released on all other carriers.  Even Verizon has released it for the Z10.  But not for the Q10.  If they try to deny it, then have the official pages open and read it to them and tell them the exact URL's (or search terms).  Ask what is the ETA.  Why has no official ETA been released.  When will an ETA be officially publicly announced.  Explain this is important because Verizon users don't want to have to install leaks, and 10.2.1 has critical features such as Android app support.  When they give you garbage answers, ask to speak to supervisor and explain the situation again.

Send Verizon emails and paper letters also explaining the situation.

Drive to Verizon offices and stage a picket sign protests!  Go to twitter and facebook and blogs and spam the net and the news with this critical issue of Verizon negligence and incompetance and apathy!

Do not let Verizon get away with this!

I would encourage even non-Q10 users to do the same as this callous attitude towards software updates and customer service affects all Verizon customers.  We need to push for Verizon to make a culture change, or to die and be replaced by other carriers.

I would encourage non-Verizon users, and even non cell phone users, to do the same as this is how we bring accountability to mega corporations like Verizon!  Democrat style government regulations are corrupt and will not solve the problem and only cause additional problems.  What we need is to bring the direct accountability through market forces and the voice of the people!  Boycott Verizon and speak out against this grave evil!  And may GOD have mercy on their souls, eternal damnation sayeth the lord.  Now is the time to act!

0 Likes
ssb752
Enthusiast - Level 2

Simple: Love the phone. Hate the carrier.

Blackberry 10.2.1 official update on my Q10
sammi1970
Enthusiast - Level 1
I just can't understand what verizon is waiting on. I have been a huge blackberry fan and user for years, I left verizon for a couple years when I decided to go back I knew I wanted to get the q10 not only did verizon try to talk me out of buying the q10 not once but twice. Well I got it and I love it, now they are holding out on the update! Verizon why carry and sell blackberry if you obviously don't care about loyal blackberry users. Not only trying to pursuade customers to purchase iPhone and Android now the update delay. Are you really reading these comments? Do you see how unhappy we all are? Do you care, and want to keep us as customers? Stop giving us a generic answer with a link that's useless and release the update!!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ssb752, we want to love everything about us! What can we do to reconcile our wireless relationship?

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ssb752
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
jobtate
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just spoke with Bridget at VW who put me on hold while she called Blackberry.

Her answer was a little flustered when she finally came back (a good solid 15 min wait) and she acknowledged that the Z10 had been given the update (which was more of an admission than I'd gotten from any previous VW employee) and when pressed she said "she imagined" that we can all expect the software "soon".

Maybe this is progress or maybe this is the same old end around.  But let's hope that the right two people at our two companies finally spoke.

0 Likes
AArne
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am confused...why if other carriers have implemented 10.2.1 on the Q10 and BlackBerry officially states it is released, does VZ have to call anyone but their own leadership to get a simple answer...when is the release date??? What reason BlackBerry have not "giving" the updated version to VZ...he whole thing is such a joke...

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
halfnibble
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've actually thought about starting an action committee.

Create online petitions. Phone call lists. Email lists. Etc.

Collect donations to fund travel to Verizon headquarters for organized protests.

Look into hiring lawyers to bring class action lawsuits--even if they have no hope of going anywhere.

All this just to get a straight answer from Verizon. I would just switch carriers, but there are many places where I need Verizon's 4G LTE, and I'm not sure I'll get LTE with another company.

Anyway, if enough of you think this is a good idea, I'll start on a website for the action committee.

iamtheoneiam
Enthusiast - Level 2

change.org/petition, ipetitions.com ... Now I don't normally recommend using the violence of government over something trivial like a cell phone carrier releasing an official software update...  But this has gone too far.  There is no more excusing Verizon's behavior.  As Obama used to say - NOW IS THE TIME FOR HOPE AND CHANGE