Has there been any further updates on VZ offering the Blackberry PRIV since it launched a month ago?
matt260

Has there been any further updates on VZ offering the Blackberry PRIV since it launched a month ago?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has there been any further updates on VZ offering the Blackberry PRIV since it launched a month ago?
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

Have you signed up to receive updates from Verizon?  Those who have signed up will get e-mail notification of availability.  I have signed up and I have received nothing yet.  I recommend signing up for updates.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Has there been any further updates on VZ offering the Blackberry PRIV since it launched a month ago?
Camelhmpz

No, nothing from Verizon, although BBs CEO did an intervie win which he stated "AT&T has the exclusive for most of the calendar year."  Many are expecting Feb 2016  Hang in there with us!

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

Have you signed up to receive updates from Verizon?  Those who have signed up will get e-mail notification of availability.  I have signed up and I have received nothing yet.  I recommend signing up for updates.

0 Likes
fixmyZ10
Enthusiast - Level 1

First and most likely last post on Verizon. Being a Blackberry user since they started producing them, I would say I am a loyal BlackBerry customer. Although I struggled with my BB-Z10 for the first year I owned it, it was not due to the phone itself, but due to the total lack of proper support and timely updates from Verizon. Although now I am and have been happy with my BB-Z10, I've had it over two years and my contract expired a few months ago.  I contemplated moving to a Z-30. However, Verizon does not stock a single blackberry product in their store, so something as basic as just holding one and checking it out is not a possibility at a local Verizon store (we have several in our area, most shrug at you when you even mention Blackberry, none have one in their store). It's honestly no mystery to me as to why BB struggles against the mainstream "popular" phones, i.e. mainstream carriers like Verizon want the quick and easy no training required sale. I have looked at other phones, and have tried them, however, I have over 3,500 business contacts and have to monitor 15 separate email accounts daily. Blackberry is a professional's tool, I don't have games on my phone, I have my daily appointments which work seamlessly with my Microsoft Outlook. Blackberry is my chosen operational tool, until something truly comes along that can handle my business better than BlackBerry, I will continue to be a loyal Blackberry user.

I originally came to Verizon from Sprint, because Sprint refused to carry the BBZ-10 or provide any basic support for Blackberry (I was with Sprint for 15 years) Although a few problems in the beginning, after Verizon finally decided to provide the updates, the phone has worked flawlessly. Of course there are more updates due I am told for the ol BB-Z10, but I would imagine Verizon will provide those in "early 2016", which generally means late summer or fall of 2016...

Which brings me to my point, do I become Verizon's Charlie Brown? Do I put my faith in a company that clearly does not like to have to "deal" with us "oddball" BlackBerry customers or answer pesky questions as to when they will do anything?  If by some miracle Verizon actually does provide access to the Blackberry Priv in "early 2016", will they actually support it or dole out updates like they are some king providing bread to the peasants? I think not....

I am going to visit the local AT&T store this week, where I am told they have the PRIV in stock, on the sales floor in all colors....I suspect the holdouts for Verizon will get their new PRIV in late summer, with their first "Verizon approved" software update "in early 2017". I could be wrong, Verizon may just pull their heads out of the metaphorical Apple you know what, but my last few years with Verizon suggests otherwise.

Oh how I miss customer service, that long lost concept. Not sure if the grass is any greener over at AT&T, but I am at least brave enough to make a change.... if more Verizon customers did so, maybe Verizon would wake up and actually listen to their customers.

Beppe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have to assume that Verizon and for that matter Blackberry's Mr. Chen do not seem necessary to provide any details of when the PRIV will be available on Verizon.  This is pathetic both from a PR perspective, the wellness of BB and the integrity of Verizon.  What a shame!

0 Likes
jedimorton21
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called Verizon saying I wanted to get the blackberry and would not renew my contract when it was up in Feb. The rep told me they will have them in stock in the middle of Jan.

VWCM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've heard from multiple sources now that the Priv will be available to order online on 03/03. It will be available in stores on 03/11.