Have 9530 Storm One but not getting emails....can send though
bmetdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the 3rd or 4th Storm (One) I own. All been replaced due to problems plus, innumerable software replacements and reboots. The other day, I couldn't dial out. The keypad wasn't working. When I got a call, my keypad changed to unrecognizable characters and still didn't work.

Took my phone in to the local Verizon store in Covington, La. So many times I've been in I know their first names as well as they know mine. According to customer service rep, I needed to reload my software in again. Fun! He did. My phone worked. I lost all of my apps but can reload those (a pain) BUT......

Now I cannot receive emails.    I took it back in a couple of days later and the tech spent a lot of time on my phone. He tried calling Verizon customer service himself, NO LUCK. They told him to hold for data services......WAITED 30 MINUTES to talk to someone!

That genius says...."Oh, Blackberry's service is down"   Told me to "wait a bit. The service will be back.....have a nice day....next"

Oh really?. Ok, I'll bite. But I went on Facebook and asked all of my friends if they were receiving BBerry services and they were.

I've sent out my service books, as prescribed somewhere here online as a cure, but no luck. I re-entered all of my log-in info again. No Luck. I deleted and re-entered my email and log ins......yep...no luck.

A week later.....still not receiving emails. I CAN SEND THOUGH. I am out of communication with my customers.

Anyone have an idea?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Have 9530 Storm One but not getting emails....can send though
bmetdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved. I went into OPTIONS>SECURITY OPTIONS>FIREWALL and unchecked all of the checked "Block Incoming Messages" check offs. Apparently, for some reason, when my software was removed and reloaded these were checked off. I thought this was user controlled? Oh well. I got my emails and texts now. Thanks Doc anyway.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

You have already done a few things that I was going to suggest.  However, I found this article that might help.  It is at http://kb.iu.edu/data/aona.html  Let me know what happens.

Doc

0 Likes
bmetdave
Enthusiast - Level 1

Problem solved. I went into OPTIONS>SECURITY OPTIONS>FIREWALL and unchecked all of the checked "Block Incoming Messages" check offs. Apparently, for some reason, when my software was removed and reloaded these were checked off. I thought this was user controlled? Oh well. I got my emails and texts now. Thanks Doc anyway.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

Glad you got it going. 

Doc

0 Likes
motley

I have a Storm 9530 and since Friday, May 28 I have not been able to receive any emails.  Beginning Monday, May 31, I have not been able to send or receive emails.  I went to Verizon and the sales agent got on the phone with tech support and they tried everything on my phone.  The tech support guy said there was an outage and even though other BB users are back up, I may be one of the unlucky ones still affected.  I believed that to be BS.  It's June 2nd and I still am unable to send or receive emails on my BB.  I tried that fix above and my firewall was disabled and nothing checked.  I enabled it and made sure everything was unchecked and still, nothing.  I think the Storm 9530 is a piece and it's my second one in almost two years.

0 Likes