Having Problems Getting my contacts over from old phone to new Storm
bmprigge

I've just got my new Blackberry Storm and I'm super excited to try it out, but for some reason I can't figure out how to transfer over my contacts from my old phone.  I had an LG Voyager and I was using the Backup Assistant, but I can't seem to be able to use that on my Storm, also I have tried using the Bluetooth to connect them, but the Storm just plain doesn't receive anything from the Voyager.  I also had them try to do it at the VZW store, but for some reason my OLD Voyager just wouldn't cooperate...

Am I doomed to type in all of my contacts into my new Storm???

HELP!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Having Problems Getting my contacts over from old phone to new Storm
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I first switched to a Blackberry from a Motorola the Verizon store was able to transfer the contacts for me.

If you use MS Outlook, try to sync your LG to that then Download the Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync from your outlook to the Blackberry

Here is the link from Verizon to the Desktop Manager. It is a free download. It is also available at Blackberry's website.

http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx

Good Luck!

0 Likes
bmprigge

Unfortunately, they couldn't do anything for me at the Verizon Store.  I'm trying to use the Desktop Manager Software now, though its busy updating my software.  I'll let you know how it works out...

Thanks!

0 Likes
mtkalimey
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here is another option for you if it is the LG that is causing the problem.

This one you have to pay for.

I used to use this one for all my regular cell phones just to keep a regular back up if the phone crashed. Once I switched to Blackberry then the software is free and very good!

{Removed third party app link}

Let my know how you like your Storm. I'm holding out for the Storm2  which is supposed to be out mid next month or mid November. That's uncomfirmed but it's all the talk over at Crackberry.com

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

Backup assistance will not work with the Storm or

0 Likes