Haz Verizon stopped selling the Blackberry Z30?
rsteer
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Blackberry Z30 seems to have completely disappeared from the Verizon website -- links to the product now just take you to a generic all-phones page.  Verizon has been an abysmal "partner" for Blackberry (considering they were given an exclusive on the Z30), by doing everything they could to discourage people from buying it, but it looks like now they're walking away from BB's premier device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Haz Verizon stopped selling the Blackberry Z30?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, rsteer

It is possible they sold out temporarily of the Z30.  I know they had it on sale the past couple of weeks on contract price.  You can get one through AmazonWireless on Verizon's network at a low price. 

Doc

rsteer
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't believe I spelled "Has" with a "z"!

As for being out of stock, if that were the case, wouldn't you expect the *product page* sti still be on Verizon's website, with a "temporarily out of stock" or "delivery expected by ..." note?  I don't know any retailer who completely removes something from their catalog just because it's temporarily out of stock.  Amazon is *almost* out of stock too -- when I looked they had something like three Z30s left.

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

I agree with everything you wrote.  Verizon (in their stores) does not give BlackBerry a chance.  They would rather sell you an Android or iPhone device.  Don't get me wrong, both of those are great platforms, but if someone wants a great device that handles email, messaging, texting, and web browsing, the BlackBerry 10 devices can't be beat. 

I guess this coming week we will see if the Z30 reappears back on the web site.

Doc

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rsteer,

I can understand your concern regarding the Blackberry devices.  I am a Blackberry user myself.  I see no information here as to when we may get more in stock.  Be sure to check our news page for any new releases or product information.  http://bit.ly/n5snpq

Also, are you currently eligible for an upgrade?  Did you have any other questions regarding our products or services?

Let us know!

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RabidDFWSquirrel
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not happy with this. I'm ready to dump my Note 3 for the Z30 due to privacy concerns and I can't find the Z30 anywhere except on craigslist. C'mon Verizon.

0 Likes
rsteer
Enthusiast - Level 2

While I was talking with a Verizon business-account representative yesterday about other issues, I asked about the Z30.  She recalled having seen it in office training this spring.  She looked it up in their system, and told me, "It says it's been discontinued."

So either Verizon is actively trying to kill off Blackberry, or Blackberry is actively trying to commit suicide.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wonderful question rsteer. We have not received any more shipments of the Z30. We also have no gotten word from Blackberry if we will be getting anymore in either. We do still have the Q10 and the Z10 available for purchase.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
pastorbrad

Well in this one more forum let me add my voice that this is an awful decision by VZW. I got a Z30 as an upgrade from a Z10 and love it; but my wife saw it and wants to upgrade from her 9850...and can't! Not cool, VZW, not cool

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

pastorbrad wrote:

Well in this one more forum let me add my voice that this is an awful decision by VZW. I got a Z30 as an upgrade from a Z10 and love it; but my wife saw it and wants to upgrade from her 9850...and can't! Not cool, VZW, not cool

Hi, pastorbrad,

This is not Verizon's fault, but BlackBerry's fault.  If you look around the internet at other places that sell the Z30 such as Amazonwireless, BlackBerry is the one who ran short of the device.  The Z30s offered for sale direct from BlackBerry are GSM models and not compatible with Verizon's CDMA network. 

Doc