Headphone Jack not working with new Tour OS (5.0.0.591)
duo763

Is anyone else experiencing an issue where the head phone jack no longer recognizes that there are head phones inserted after the new Verizon released upgrade to 5.0.0.591 for the Blackberry Tour?  I have tested 4 different sets of head phones, but have gotten the same result each time.  I do not believe that this is a hardware issue as it happened in conjunction with the upgrade.

I have read that some people using leaked versions of the release were experiencing this issue in the past few months, but I had hoped that Verizon would have corrected this before the official release.  I really don't want to have to downgrade back to 4.7 but as an Audible for Blackberry user, my commutes would be far less enjoyable without the ability to listen to books with headphones.

If anyone could confirm a similar experience or if anyone has any work arounds, I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Headphone Jack not working with new Tour OS (5.0.0.591)
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Yes, that is obviously a software glitch, if they worked until after you performed an upgrade.  Have you tried a battery pull to see if that fixes it?  If not, I would take it back to where you bought it.  Also, you may try to reload the upgrade. 

Doc

0 Likes
duo763

Hi Doc

Thanks for the response.  Neither a soft reset or popping the battery corrected the issue.  Not sure if I want to bother with a return as a downgrade should fix the issue; I was hoping for some confirmation from others that they are seeing this with the 5.0 OS before I went the downgrade path, or even better that someone may have a work around with 5.0.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi duo,

I did try the headphones on my Tour with the newly loaded OS and it worked no problems.  All I can think of is that your files or installation was corrupted somehow.  You may try to go back to 4.7 and see if it works as it should.  Then try the upgrade again with a fresh download of the file.  Did you install the OS upgrade via the wireless upgrade on your Tour or via Blackberry Desktop Manager? 

Doc

0 Likes
duo763

Hi Doc

Thanks so much for testing, I really appreciate it and I am glad to hear that it works for you.  I upgraded via the Blackberry Desktop Manager and it seemed to go well; no issues or errors during the process, but there is certainly alot going on during the ugprade and I could imagine that some small part could have been corrupted or not installed correctly. 

Guess I will be spending my evening doing some downgrade/upgrade testing to ensure I don't have a hardware problem and hopefully to replicate your results. 

Thanks again for all your help.  Have a great day.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I hope you get it working...keep me updated.

Doc

0 Likes