Re: Help! Need something better than BB Storm 9530!
JDT713

I've done that too (sorry, I thought I had already replied to this message from you earlier today!).  I'm still having trouble and memory issues.  This is really frustrating!  NowI have people recommending the LG ENV Touch, the Palm Centro (which I don't think Verizon has), and the LG Dare, as well as the BB Tour and Curve.  I just want to occasionally surf the web for fun, get a couple of nifty apps and some cool ringtones, maybe be able to download some of my music from my laptop to listen to, take decent pictures and video of my kids, get my emails, and of course talk and text on the phone!  I don't want one that freezes up and freaks out all the time or one that I can't put anything on and keep it on there.  Maybe I want too much ?!

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

then you have a bad device...take back to the verizon store and pick out a new phone.

0 Likes
mln1523

You don't have a lemon. All the Storms do this. No matter what anyone says, these are poorly manufactured phones. My Storm does the same thing. I have wiped my device twice and it still does it. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and they still can't help. I bought a $10.00 app called Memory Booster and it still doesn't help. Me and three of my friends have the Storm and all of them do this. It's not just your phone and no matter what anyone says the Storm is a flop. My wife has the Tour and it is great. She may do one battery pull a week and when she does it, she really doesn't need to. I wish RIM or Verizon would take responsibility for selling a terrible phone. They know of this issues and act like it doesn't exist. I think they should be trying to fix these problems instead of pushing the Storm 2 out. It really sucks that their customers are suffering and they act like nothings wrong. I pay a pile of money each month for Verizon's service and can't really do anything with my phone. I am spending more time checking my memory than doing anything else. As soon as I go to look up something on the internet it freezes. As soon as I pull up an App it freezes. As soon as someone calls me it freezes. It's not only my phone, but a lot of other's as well. My friend got a replacement because his original Storm was acting up. Guess what. He has the same issue with the new one. So tell me that it's just a coincidence. I'm not hearing it. Maybe Verizon and RIM will take a little consideration to their customers and help us out. I can't afford to buy another phone. I am not rich and I work hard for my money. Why should I have to pay for their mistakes!

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

mln1523 wrote:

You don't have a lemon. All the Storms do this. No matter what anyone says, these are poorly manufactured phones. My Storm does the same thing. I have wiped my device twice and it still does it. I have spent countless hours on the phone with Verizon and they still can't help. I bought a $10.00 app called Memory Booster and it still doesn't help. Me and three of my friends have the Storm and all of them do this. It's not just your phone and no matter what anyone says the Storm is a flop. My wife has the Tour and it is great. She may do one battery pull a week and when she does it, she really doesn't need to. I wish RIM or Verizon would take responsibility for selling a terrible phone. They know of this issues and act like it doesn't exist. I think they should be trying to fix these problems instead of pushing the Storm 2 out. It really sucks that their customers are suffering and they act like nothings wrong. I pay a pile of money each month for Verizon's service and can't really do anything with my phone. I am spending more time checking my memory than doing anything else. As soon as I go to look up something on the internet it freezes. As soon as I pull up an App it freezes. As soon as someone calls me it freezes. It's not only my phone, but a lot of other's as well. My friend got a replacement because his original Storm was acting up. Guess what. He has the same issue with the new one. So tell me that it's just a coincidence. I'm not hearing it. Maybe Verizon and RIM will take a little consideration to their customers and help us out. I can't afford to buy another phone. I am not rich and I work hard for my money. Why should I have to pay for their mistakes!

i'm sorry youre having issues with your storm. for most people its simply they dont know how to work there phone or they are downloading bad applications. if you close out every application after use you should not have memory issues unless your phone is filled with a bunch of apps...when i say a bunch 20+ cause i have over 20 apps on my phone and i do not have memory issues...but i'm also running OS 5.0.0.323. another issue is simply people downloading bad applications that hog your memory and you dont even know it. applications that install at 1mb and over the day take up 15mb of memory....its because the software developer did not properly debug the software. now thats whats wrong with most people phone when they get the storm...its like your running windows 95 and you want to leave 20 windows open? why? you cant do that...blackberry storm has way less memory than windows so you know you need to close the apps after use...and where people make mistakes is they surf the net and hit the back key....no that does not close the browser...the browser is still running in the background...you have to go to the bb menu and scroll to close...bottom line.... as far as your wife having a tour....it has twice the amount of memory as the storm1. so she probably could leave a few apps open and not have the same issues as a storm1 user....and i'm not taking up for the storm 100% yes the 4.7.0.148 software is a bit slow but rim/verizon is correcting that monday and they will release 5.0.0.328 OS and i promise you...you will love your storm again :smileyhappy:
0 Likes
JimmyT1950

Not sure where your problem lies but I've had my storm for about7 or 8 months and have absolutely no problems with it. It is working flawlessly and I love the phone. It just took me a while to get used to the keyboard after using the BB 8830

0 Likes