Help Trying to upgrade to a Blackberry
TSG124
Hello, I was not really sure where to post this question but I am hoping someone with a Blackberry ran in to this situation.  I was hoping on waiting to upgrade my voice cell phone to the Blackberry Tour in a few months when my upgrade was eligable, but ran in to a problem and am in need of a phone with internet and email ASAP.  I went to the store in the hopes of being a verizon wireless customer for the last ten years they would cut me a break or charge a small fee and worst case scenario I pay the $80 I owed for early cancellation.  They offered no breaks so when I went to do the cancellation they said I will lose my number.  Is this True?  I know I can buy at the one year rate of $350 which is almost $200 more than the price I would get the tour for through my work plan.  I just dont understand how they can make me change my number or pay $200 because I need a phone 2 months early.  Plus I will be paying them extra for a data plan each month. 
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help Trying to upgrade to a Blackberry
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
Ok I am confused a little first off if you did the one year that would be 299 and you would get a 70 dollar mail in rebate. For a grand total of 230 dollars not 350.  I would suggest you call *611 from your verizon cell and talk to a customer service rep they will fix you up. They did for me I was in my past phone for 6 months only and got a Tour no problem. Maybe a VZ rep will chime in on this and help out also.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Message Edited by nmchileman on 07-21-2009 03:41 PM
0 Likes
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2
I know it can be a poopy deal sometimes, there are workarounds though if in fact VZW isn't willing to help you out and the one that comes to mind is just adding another line to your plan for $10.  Purchase the Tour with the new line and then switch it over to your old #.  I know that's not the most ideal, but thought i would throw it out there.
0 Likes
TSG124
Thank You both for your response, the rep had me confused at the store but I thought she did tell me I could buy it at the 1 year price which would have been the $339.  She didnt mention the rebate.  I just went on to upgrade through the website and it gave me a price of the full retail of 489.99.  I would have been fine with the 269.  So I am not sure if the rep at the store was correct.  I will try giving customer service a call tomorrow. 
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
Did you get my private message? You should read it. Or email me, it's available on my profile page.
Message Edited by nmchileman on 07-21-2009 04:25 PM
0 Likes