Help can not get the timer to work on the Storm 9530.
Sandy13

The timer was working great until I updated the new data on Sunday.  Now, when I set the timer and press the OK button, and then the start button, it tells me that the timer is done.

Can someone please help.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Help can not get the timer to work on the Storm 9530.
DarkCobra
Contributor - Level 3

Hello Sandy13!    I saw this posting before and was hoping somebody had a workaround but I can see no one has responded.   The first thing I would do is ask one of the moderators to maybe move this to the Blackberry section where you have a better chance of someone responding.   I can tell you that I "had" a Storm but no longer have it.   I never used the timer function so I don't know too much about it. 

I can tell you that one of the largest reasons Verizon didn't want to accept for such a long time the RIM proposed updates was for this very reason.   Many of those beta updates fixed stuff but also broke other things in the process and this may well be one of them!   However, once Verizon accepted this latest OTA update and made it official then they have bought off on ALL that this update did and Verizon is now responsible for making this function workable for you.   So my advice (assuming no one responds with a solution) is to return the device to a verizon store and inform the tech support that this was functional prior to the update but no longer works since.

It would be my contention with them that you HAD a functional feature which is important to you but THEIR update broke it and thus you are entitled to have it repaired or replaced regardless of any other warranty time frames that may have expried!

dancingphone.gif

0 Likes
bikeguy
Sandy13 - I installed the update and my timer works fine.  I set it for 5 minutes and clicked on the green start button and it started to count down.  As DarkCobra mentioned, I would call tech support or visit a tech at a Verizon store to see if they can get it working again.
0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1
Just tested it on my upgraded Storm and it works correctly. So, it would seem that it may not be the upgrade that's the problem.
0 Likes