Horrible customer service
zbski

Purchased a Q10 this year for my daughter. It began having a multitude of problems including stopping and resetting on it's own. Contacted tech service and they sent a refurbished unit(I do not understand purchasing a new phone and then getting refurbished units) anyway that second phone began having problems-including the speaker not working. We contacted tech again and they sent a new battery. That cleared some issues but the speaker did not work still. We went to a verizon store here in El Paso Texas-on mesa street. The person helping us was very nice and said he had to call tech support for the answers. This took over 30 minutes as they reset the to factory settings (my daughter had not changed anything) Well the speaker still did not work so can not hear phone ringing-music-etc. The sales man had me speak to the tech person who said they would send a noter refurbished unit. I said I had read about the edge program and she said I had to have a working phone to trade in (????????) this is their phone that broke!!!!! So I said send me the refurbished unit and I will bring that in. The local manger said they do not do the edge program and even if they did you have to belong for 6 months before implementation. I am stunned with this logic/policy- it makes no sense and is definitely not customer friendly. So my daughter will have her third Q10 in less than a year. I asked what if this one breaks-he responded he THINKS there may be an exchange then.    They obviously do not have a quality assurance program or care about the customer.  ONE KNOWS THEY HAVE A QUALITY PRODUCT OR SERVICE WHEN IT EXCEEDS THE CUSTOMERS EXPECTATIONS!!! Today they did not come close.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Horrible customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there zbski,

The Blackberry Q10 is a great device and I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is having so many issues with it. I understand that you purchased the device new.  When replacing with the device we work with the manufactures (Blackberry) warranty.  This warranty covers you for a Certified Like New Replacement. These devices go through an 100 point inspection to make sure that they are fully functional so you don't have the same issues and because they go through rigorous testing they sometimes work better than the devices at brand new.

To utilize the Edge program you do need to be upgrade eligible.

It is not normal to have these many replacements so we would have to take a closer look and examine the device closely. Did you get another Q10 sent to you? If so, please keep us updated with how it is working out for you.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us @VZWSupport

0 Likes
zbski

NicholasB, Thank you for responding.  Nicholas,yes I had one overnighted,but this now is the third phone in less than six months. Obviously, the 100 point inspection does not always work.  As a long time customer I expected to be treated better. I actually expected a company would say,you are right 3 is too much in six months and since you have been a loyal customer we will let you trade in and purchase a new phone. To me that is quality customer service. In regards to the edge program, Why would you do it if you have an upgrade?  Also if the newly released Q10 is so good why do you have so many reconditioned units to send out?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need of a reliable device, zbiski! You certainly deserve the best customer service and I want to make sure that happens at all times. If a device has a manufacturer malfunction, we troubleshoot the issue and if its not corrected with troubleshooting a replacement is sent out. We can only replace the device with the same model. In order for you to take advantage of Verizon Edge, your current contract would need be fulfilled per the terms and conditions. We have a different payment plan that allows you to upgrade early. Here is more information:

http://bit.ly/109JJVw

Let us know if you need assistance with the replacment device.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes