How To Backup Your Blackberry Data
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, all,

In lieu of recent posts concerning lost data on Blackberry devices, I thought I would pass along a big tip concerning backing up your device's data.  This information is taken straight from the Blackberry Desktop Manager User Guide v.5.0.  All new BB devices are sold with the software found on the CD that is included.  If you need to download the software, it is free and found here.  Mac users will have a version ready soon.  The pdf file for the user guide is found here.  

Back up device data

To back up data that is stored in your on-board device memory, mass storage mode must be turned on.

1. Connect your BlackBerry® device to your computer.

2. Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.

3. Click Backup and Restore.

4. Perform one of the following actions:

• To back up all your device data, click Back up.
  • To encrypt the data, click Options. Click Encrypt backup data. Click OK. Click Back up. Type a password.
  • To back up specific device data, click Advanced. In the Device databases section, click a database. Click the left arrow icon. On the

File menu, click Save As.

• To back up on-board device memory, click Options. Click Back up on-board device memory. Click OK. Click Back up.

I hope this helps users from any unforeseen disaster.

Doc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How To Backup Your Blackberry Data
LOWFLYER
Contributor - Level 2

This should be done on a somewhat regular basis as well in case your Berry decides brick itself without any prior notice which they are known to do from time to time.

If a member answers your question, solves an issue, and/or helps you in any way that becomes beneficial....by all means hook em up with some Kudos!! Or mark the thread solved and give Kudos!!

0 Likes