Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
How can I export a .ipd backup file into a .csv file?
prsguitarman

My Blackberry Storm died :smileysad: and I do have a .ipd backup of all my address book. I now have a new Droid X. How can I export the .ipd backup file into a .csv file, so I can import the file into gmail? Since the phone will no longer boot up, is there a 3rd party software app that can convert the file?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I export a .ipd backup file into a .csv file?
StreetDocRN
Champion

Hi,

Have you tried Blackberry Desktop Manager to open the backup file?  If you can open it you might be able to get your contacts.  I am not sure if you can convert it to the .csv file, though.  Your best bet would be to see if you can transfer the contact info over to a Gmail account which you can set up for free.  From there, your contacts could be imported into the Droid X. 

Doc

0 Likes
Re: How can I export a .ipd backup file into a .csv file?
Spiral
Master

You can use ABC Amber Blackberry Convertor to access the data on your backup files.  You may be able to convert right to a .csv type file from there.  Otherwise, you can use Outlook to create the .csv file for your Droid.  Hope this helps.

http://www.processtext.com/abcblackberry.html

0 Likes