Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I delete unwanted BING! icon and stop app pushes?
RogueRider

I'm relatively new to verizon service.  I hate the fact that they shoved Bing! install icon on me.  I have the icon hidden in a folder.  Can it be deleted completely, banished from the face of the earth?  Can security settings prevent unwanted app pushes from the network nazis?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: How do I delete unwanted BING! icon and stop app pushes?
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

No, the pushed icons can not be deleted, only hidden.  If you are worried about it using up precious space in your memory, it doesn't...only if you install the program. 

Doc

0 Likes
RogueRider

Thanks Doc.  Can I set security to prevent these types of pushes?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

No, there is no filter or security setting to block them.

Doc

0 Likes
RogueRider

Thanks Doc.  I appreciate the information and my question is answered but, I hestitate to mark this as an accepted solution

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

I understand..

0 Likes
BigFatDynamo

While I know this is not a permanent fix(it will come back any time you re register with the network, i.e. when you turn your phone off and on, or a battery pull) you are able to remove the icon app push by going to options, advanced options, service books, highlight the bing service book, hit menu, and delete it.  I hope this helps somewhat.

0 Likes
jim123

I created a folder called Horse Crap and put the unwanted icons there. If enough people complained about this then they would change it.

RogueRider wrote:

I'm relatively new to verizon service.  I hate the fact that they shoved Bing! install icon on me.  I have the icon hidden in a folder.  Can it be deleted completely, banished from the face of the earth?  Can security settings prevent unwanted app pushes from the network nazis?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

jim123 wrote:

I created a folder called Horse Crap and put the unwanted icons there. If enough people complained about this then they would change it.

Hi,

I doubt Verizon would stop the push concept of delivering those icons.  They are paid by the various companies to have those icons appear.  But I do like your idea of a name for a folder for those icons, LOL.

Doc

0 Likes