How do I enable standby function
bmwmcrider

Hi,

Just installed ver 5.0 of BB OS on my Tour.  Now I can no longer put my BB in standby by pressing the mute button and, for the life of me, can't figure out how to do it using the mute button or either convenience buttons.  I need this capability because the screen backlighting is constantly turning on when carrying my BB in my pant's pocket and running down the battery at too fast a rate.

Any help appreciated,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I enable standby function
Lee-Lee
Contributor - Level 3

Here is some information I found for the standby function on your tour:http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Tour-9630/5-0-0-for-the-Tour/m-p/474979

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

this seems like an intentional design flaw. why would a cell phone company intentionally kill battery life?

0 Likes
bmwmcrider

Alethia - Thanks for reply.  Over past weekend I discovered that I have to really press very hard on the lock button to lock keyboard; I guess that on my phone the lock button action is not very sensitive.  Already was using the "A" key to lock the keyboard.  However, this only prevents accidential butt dialing of a random number.  Sure wish the standby functionality wasn't done away with.

Mike

0 Likes