How do I get my text messages to display properly?
Diana123456789
Enthusiast - Level 1

Text messages show up in the main hub, but do not display when I choose to view only text messages in the hub.  Also, notifications settings are not working for text messages.  How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text messages show up in the main hub, but do not display under text messages only.
Diana123456789
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone is new and it never displayed text messages in the text app/view.  They only displayed in the main hub.  And the notifications for texts never worked.  It's apparently some issue with the software not recognizing texts correctly.

I called Verizon customer service and they transferred me to Blackberry support.  The solution was to reload the operating system.  I used Blackberry Link to do a full backup of my phone, reload the OS, then restore my settings (it took about 40 min total).  Texts now display correctly and the notifications are working properly.

For anyone who has this problem, connect your phone to your computer and install/open Blackberry Link.  Select "Backup and Restore" from the menu on the left under your Blackberry device and do a full backup of your phone.  To reload the OS, click on "Preferences" in the upper right corner of BB Link.  The Preferences window will open and you can select "Reload the Device Software" from the menu on the left.  Then just follow the instructions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Text messages show up in the main hub, but do not display under text messages only.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Diana123456789,
Let's get your text messages displayed properly! When you access your text messaging application to view text, are previous messages there? Have you ever been able to view the messages in both the main hub and under view only? Are you not receiving notifications at all for text messages? Please share more details on your experience so we can help.
TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Diana123456789
Enthusiast - Level 1

The phone is new and it never displayed text messages in the text app/view.  They only displayed in the main hub.  And the notifications for texts never worked.  It's apparently some issue with the software not recognizing texts correctly.

I called Verizon customer service and they transferred me to Blackberry support.  The solution was to reload the operating system.  I used Blackberry Link to do a full backup of my phone, reload the OS, then restore my settings (it took about 40 min total).  Texts now display correctly and the notifications are working properly.

For anyone who has this problem, connect your phone to your computer and install/open Blackberry Link.  Select "Backup and Restore" from the menu on the left under your Blackberry device and do a full backup of your phone.  To reload the OS, click on "Preferences" in the upper right corner of BB Link.  The Preferences window will open and you can select "Reload the Device Software" from the menu on the left.  Then just follow the instructions.

0 Likes