How do I send a picture in a text message?
gr8fandini

Every time I try to send a picture in text message format the only options I get are MMS or e-mail, no text or SMS option. I'm using a storm 1. What am I missing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I send a picture in a text message?
Geocritter

You can't send pictures in SMS.  That's why you have MMS (MULTIMEDIA Messanging Service).  🙂  Or email, of course.

Don't feel bad, I remember that one throwing me, too, when we first got into it a few years ago.

0 Likes
gr8fandini

Well, the problem is that if I send an MMS to a regular phone it doesn't go thru. My wife has a razor and most everybody else I know don't have a blackberry or smartphone.  

0 Likes
Geocritter

I think that your problem may be that her Razor doesn't have picture messaging service.  It's like that for us too...I've got an 8330, and my wife has an Env2.  There is a separate Pictures & Messanging service we have to subscribe to on our plan from VZW for her phone, whereas it's part of the more expensive Blackberry data backage for you already. 

In fact, and I could be wrong, I don't think SMS and MMS are even on the same service bandwidth (i.e., sending SMS is a totally different thing than MMS...I think SMS uses the voice service, and MMS uses the data service.)                      .

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

You don't need a Blackberry or smartphone to send or receive multimedia services. The Razor suppose to be a multimedia phone. I had a Razor, I could send and receive multimedia because I had a "bundle" like text, pictures, video, included with voice plan. Your wife's Razor, does it have multimedia plan, is she on Verizon network, or not?:smileysurprised:

0 Likes
Geocritter

The razor IS a multimedia phone, and capable of it (my mother in law has one).  Assuming that his wife is on Verizon with him, she STILL would have to sign up for pictures and media.  It's not included as a package with text on non-smartphones.  I want to say it's something like $4.99 per month.  But I don't think (and again, I could be wrong) that the phone and text plans include it by default, I think you have to add it.  Simple task, just log in and go under her phone, and check the box to add it in.

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

I'm not trying to start anything. But I know Razor is a multimedia phone, so if person don't sign up for multimedia service, person don't get mms.:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes