How do I transfer saved blackberry contacts to a new phone
mcattaneo23

I have backed up my contacts via blackberry desktop manager to my computer. How do I transfer them to a new phone (not a blackberry)? My old phone got wet and no longer works but I have saved my numbers.  If I plug in say a droid, via USB will it just restore or is there something else I need to do?  The backup is saved as a .ipd extension and my computer does not recognize it as a file it can open.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer saved blackberry contacts to a new phone
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you can open the file with your Blackberry Desktop manager and then save it or export it as a csv file or excel file, then you can import it into Backup Assistant and then sync it to the Droid or other phone (that is, if BA is working properly!)

If BA will not work (it's been really flaky the last couple of months for most people) then you maybe able to at least print out or view your contacts from within the Blackberry Desktop Manager program and manually copy the contacts over to the new phone.

If anyone else has a more elegant solution, please speak up!!
0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer saved blackberry contacts to a new phone
Spiral
Master - Level 1

You can use ABC Amber Blackberry Convertor (google it) to access the data on your backup files.  You may be able to convert right to a .csv type file from there.  Otherwise, from there you can use Outlook to create the .csv file for your Droid.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes