Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How long will VZW support BB OS7?
acarfan

BB has stated they will cease support for BB OS 7 in 2 years (end of 2015).  Is VZW able to continue support for BB OS 7 past the 2 year point?  How about BBIS?  Please don't try to convince me I should upgrade to BB OS 10.  There is nothing of interest in OS 10 for me, so it is a matter of how long OS 7 will be around.

Thanking in advance all who respond.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: How long will VZW support BB OS7?
ttipgem

Actually, BlackBerry has gone on the record stating that they (at this point) plan to support BBOS7 indefinitely.  They have not released a date at which that would cease.

They have stated that they will stop SELLING OS7 devices in December 2015.

They are going to stop supporting BES in 2015.

And I agree with you about BBOS10.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ttipgem

Actually, BlackBerry has gone on the record stating that they (at this point) plan to support BBOS7 indefinitely.  They have not released a date at which that would cease.

They have stated that they will stop SELLING OS7 devices in December 2015.

They are going to stop supporting BES in 2015.

And I agree with you about BBOS10.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

acarfan, we definitely appreciate you being proactive and wanting to stay tuned to recent changes with Blackberry. I am sorry to say that at this time we don't have information available for the recent announcements. You can stay up to date and receive future news here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes