How many Verizon customers will have to leave before Verizon wakes up and adds the Blackberry Passport?
jkleinjklein
Enthusiast - Level 1

How many Verizon customers will have to leave Verizon before they wake up and add the Blackberry Passport?

I am a 12-year Verizon users, still with an old Blackberry, but I'll leave Verizon if they don't add the Passport by end of 2014.

Labels (1)
Re: How many Verizon customers will have to leave before Verizon wakes up and adds the Blackberry Passport?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jkleinjklein,

This seems like it will be a very nice device! We would be sad to see you leave the Verizon Wireless family! We love your loyalty over the past 12 years and hope to continue our wireless relationship for many more years to come. You can always stay up to date with the latest news and information by signing up for e-mail alerts: http://bit.ly/dDumph

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: How many Verizon customers will have to leave before Verizon wakes up and adds the Blackberry Passport?
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately, as obvious from VZW's reply from Kevin, they do not care if we leave.  Have you been in a VZW store in the past few years and asked about BlackBerry phones?  The customer reps make fun of you for even asking and try to sell you an iPhone.  I live in San Diego and when I went into a company store for Verizon, there was only one person who was excited about the new BB 10 phones and everyone else warned me that "BlackBerry was bankrupt and closing its doors" or other such lies to get me to buy another phone.  It was embarrassing because I knew the truth and they were just telling lies.  Worse than car salesman except their lies can't be proven wrong normally.

We have three phones on our family plan and if Verizon abandons BlackBerry we will be moving when the contracts end in Spring.  I'll get the phones directly from BlackBerry or Amazon and pick whichever wireless company that has the best deal for me.  It's sad because I've been a Verizon customer since the cell phone was invented.

0 Likes
jkleinjklein
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unfortunately, in the areas that I travel, Verizon has always had the best 3G / 4G coverage; so if they don’t endorse the BB Passport it leaves me puzzled as to what to do.

If Verizon does offer the Passport, then we could bypass the typical biased store rep and deal directly on line with Verizon staff.

John

>> Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<

Edited by:  Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
wcsh

I have a similar story. A friend of mine Loved her BlackBerry Torch (I did at the time also), and it was time for her to get a NEW phone (because the torch was like 5 years old), and she went into the store. This was in Canada by the way which is bad in itself LOL! Anyway she went into the store, asked to look at a new BlackBerry because she LOVES typing with the keyboard, and ever rep there told her NOT to get a BlackBerry because they were Bankrupt, and would be closing shop soon. She even asked ok if I get this can I download BBM, and they said OH No that costs money and there going under anyway don't get that.

When I heard this I just about fell on the floor, but actually I wasn't surprised. She proceeded to tell me she was very unhappy with her choice because she really wanted that keyboard. She said I still type really fast but I make so many more errors and it shows. I then asked her if she ever looked into those claims? She said NO, and I said well BlackBerry just posted their earnings, and are that much closer to making money, and that they have NOT gone bankrupt, and that they still over the long haul with the ups and downs able to keep a cash reserve of 3.1 billion when everyone said they would have burned through it by now. Also I told her BBM is FREE, and that even if there was a REMOTE way that BlackBerry did go under BBM would still thrive. So while it is up to carriers to edicutate their employees (and not tell lies) its also up to BlackBerry to help in that respect. Not everyone watches the stock market and listens to the quarterly reports, but people do listen to what reps in stores have to say.

Bottom line its your money SPEND IT WISELY!! Make sure you educate yourself and don't be a SHEEP and do as other tell you to do so blindly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Considering less than 1% use Blackberry I don't think Verizon is much worried about any Blackberry people potentially leaving.