How to remove pin from BIS
Nya

I bought a BB Storm from a friend, to realize that I am unable to add data service to my phone until I have the pin remove and get one of my own. How may I remove my the pin from my BB Storm 9530??

Any

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to remove pin from BIS
BDRichter

You cant get a new PIN. The PIN is tied to the phone. There is no way to change it. The only way to get a new pin is to buy a new phone.

0 Likes
Nya

I was told it can be deactivated. I wanted to use this phone on a different network. When I contacted my service provider, they told me to contact the original carrier and have them remove the pin or block, so that they can provide me with a new pin, per my data service.

0 Likes
BDRichter

Sounds like you are talking about UNLOCKING the phone. You said you want to use it on another carrier. I know how unlocking works but I think that would be someone else's expertise.

I know you either need to get the phone unlocked for the new carrier (you can try calling verizon and asking for the unlock codes but I doubt they will give it).

0 Likes
Nya

The phone is already unlocked, I have done that already. But for example, I put another sim card in the phone, would like to browse the internet, I am unable to do that. If I want to pin another friend, i am unable to do that. Because the pin number on the phone belong to the person I bought it from and it will not allow me to pin. Now when I call a network provider to set up internet browsing in my bb, they inform me that I would first need to have that pin number removed and they will then set me on their network, in order to get internet.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I was looking at your posts and it seems you are wanting to use the Storm 9530 on another network and the phone belonged to another person who sold it to you.  The Storm 9530 will not work on another service such as ATT.  The Storm is a CDMA phone and will not work on their network.  You can probably get it activated on Verizon.  The SIM card does not mean a thing as far as Verizon's networks.  It is there for accessing overseas GSM networks.

Doc

0 Likes
Nya

Thank you Doc, well the situation is the BB Storm is a Quad band which also uses Edge, It does indeed work on GSM networks as well. The storm that I bought is a Verizon phone. I unlocked it to be able to use it on another 3g network. But my service provider is unable to set up the bb package on it without first getting the pin release. I have a phone with internet capability that I am unable to access the internet with. That is pretty much the skinny right there. Now I need to know how I can get the pin removed, deactivated or reasigned.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Which carrier are you planning to use your Storm?

Doc

0 Likes
Nya

T-mobile

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Ok,

If you can get customer service at Verizon to give you the code, then you probably could use it on TMobile.  I've heard it can be hard to get the code so you may have to call repeatedly to speak to the right person.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes