How to send an email from a text on a blackberry
lauren33

Hello,

I need to email a message from text on my blackberry.   I know i could go thru email, but for some reason, the other person is not able to reply.  I need to email a number ###-###-####@vtext.com from my texting icon, but i can't seem to figure out how to get the @ sign in - it is the letter P, and I have tried to alt it , ect.

On my other, older smart phone I am able to send a text from an email and it works just fine. 

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to send an email from a text on a blackberry
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't say which BB you have...I found this for inserting the "@" symbol on a Pearl -

To insert an at sign ( @ ) or a period ( . ) in an email address field, press the Space key

Someone jump in and correct me if I'm wrong....I'm just googling and hoping to learn, and maybe help someone along the way....

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

In your messages folder hit your menu button then select SMS. Type in the address using your keyboard, a window will pop up that says Phone or Email. As you're typing when you come to the @ symbol just hit a space, in the window next to email you should see the @ show up, keep typing the domain and hit space again for a period.

Whenever you're typing in an email address in an "address field" the phone will auto insert the @ and the period in an email address.

At least, that's how it should work. :smileywink:

0 Likes
max919

And the next time(s) you hit the space bar, the BB should insert a dot.  So xyz@vzw.com can be typed as "xyz vzw com."

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi all,

Yep, that should work.  I gave it a try on my Tour and is seemed to work.

Doc

0 Likes