Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
***Announcement: Welcome to the new Verizon Community! We have merged our Wireless and Fios Communities to bring you the best place to discuss any Verizon product or service, along with all things tech! We have many new features to discuss with you in the coming weeks, but first we want to make sure that all of you who have been active on either of our communities before are able to log in!

Please see the Announcement in the Announcement section under Information Hub.

I HATE BLACKBERRY!!!!
coclouse

Yeah, I know I am throwing myself to the wolves here....  But let me plead my case first.  In the last 4 months I have been through 7 phones and am about to get another one.  Before you start yelling "user error" let me tell you my problems.  First 2 were the storm 1... enough said.  next 3 were tours  ALL 3 with trackball issues.  after 2-3 weeks, no movement on the screen.  Now I am on to the Storm 2, I love the touchscreen, and all the memory available, however on both of my devices I have had issues with them turning themselves off whenever I receive texts.  I only have the "normal" apps loaded...(slacker, quickpull, google maps and opera) I have been advised to not install any apps to see if that helps, but if I can't do what I want on the phone, why am I paying the extra $30 a month for a smartphone?!?!   have done master resets to both devices and still the problem persists....  Verizon is sending me another unit, but only because they won't let me get something different....  I feel like I am stuck with a phone that I am VERY dissatisfied with and my only option is to either buy a phone outright (can't afford it)  or to cancel my contract (also can't afford that)  What do I do????  I feel I would be so much happier with either the Droid or Palm Pre, has anyone been able to get out of their BB contract before it was up???  I am so tired of reloading all my ringtones and contacts from phone to phone, and I am afraid if I am forced to keep on with blackberries my pain will continue!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I HATE BLACKBERRY!!!!
XtremeBerry
Contributor

i felt your pain with the Tour as I blew through 4 of those in a few months. Which is strange because if a company should know trackballs it should be RIM. I have had a Storm 2 since its inception and have not had any issues you have described. In fact it has been the most stable and toughest blackberry, out of the many, I have had over a few years. Maybe a few of the mods here can lend you a helping hand.

0 Likes
Chesterface

Have you been backing up everything from the previous blackberry using your Desktop Manager? You might be transferring a buggy file along into your new blackberry and that could be causing the issue? Or have you done all of this one by one (ouch)?

0 Likes
coclouse

When I talked to Verizon Tech. support they thought of that too, so yes I reprogramed all of my contacts.  All apps were downloaded new, and I did start over on my memory card as well.....  You can see my frustration!  Not very impressed with RIM at this point...  I received my new Storm 2 yesterday (#3), just waiting for something to go wrong with this one, and if it is anything like the other BB's I've dealt with it shouldn't take very long.

0 Likes