I can't call to *611 (assistance) in Argentina with a BB 9550 bought at USA/Verizon free.
rove8

I bought a Blackberry 9550. If I call *611, it is redirectioned to +19085594899. I can't call to Argentine assistance user. I bought it at USA. It is a free verizon phone I

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can't call to *611 (assistance) in Argentina with a BB 9550 bought at USA/Verizon free.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking an interest in our phone, rove8. Do you have cell service with us or a provider in Argentina? If not, we are not able to assist with the phone.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I can't call to *611 (assistance) in Argentina with a BB 9550 bought at USA/Verizon free.
rove8

Hello, Tamara! Thanks for your help.

In Argentina it doesn’t exist Verizon. But when I call to *611, it is forwarded to +19085594899.

This is because the Verizon programming do it. I read some people at different forum who has the same problem. Please, help me because I can’t call to Claro customer service and, indeed, is a long distance call.

Of course, the other problem it is the 3G service, but that is a Blackberry problem without solution.

Thank you,

Roberto

<< Private information removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rove8,

I can understand the concern with not being able to contact your local service provider when dialing *611. As it's a Verizon phone, it's programmed to do this automatically. I wanted to do some additional research for you and I see that you can reach Claro by dialing 0800-123-0611 as well! If you need additional assistance with any form of unlocking your device (though it sounds as if it's already unlocked) you can contact our Global Support team from an landline at no cost! Here's the info on how: http://vz.to/18oaptS

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rove8

Hello Melissa. It is true I can contact Claro by dialing 0800-123-0611, but it isn’t the same service if you call *611. Anyway, calling *611 the call is redirected to a long distance call: +19085594899. I would like to know if I can clean this number in my telephone.

Thank you, for your help

Rove8

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes