I got a blackberry from a friend.
PFCBrooner

I got a blackberry from a friend, And I'm using a prepaid phone. Can I use this phone on my prepaid plan??? Do i need to take it in and have it converted????? Or am I out of luck??????

Thanks

Scott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I got a blackberry from a friend.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use it with a pre-paid plan however you will need to change your plan to one of the monthly pre-paid plans and add the data package. A data plan is required for smartphones like a Blackberry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can use it with a pre-paid plan however you will need to change your plan to one of the monthly pre-paid plans and add the data package. A data plan is required for smartphones like a Blackberry.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

The BB also needs to be VZW branded.

0 Likes
PFCBrooner

So I'm Good with the 50$ a month unlimited talk text and web?????

Thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, that plan is for basic phones only, not a BlackBerry.  The BlackBerry will require the pre-paid BlackBerry plan:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp

Phones that work on the $50 unlimited are:

• Samsung Gusto, LG Revere, Pantech Caper, ZTE Salute, LG Accolade, Pantech Jest and the Samsung Intensity II
0 Likes