I heard from a customer representative of Verizon that Verizon will not carry the Blackberry Passports.
Last_Word
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think Verizon needs to release a public statement regarding their decision instead of keeping loyal customers on the edge of their seats, as other reliable sources have indicated that Verizon will sell Passports, however the devices will not be on display in the stores, but available to buy and pick up from their Verizon stores eventually. If Verizon can't release a statement to carry Blackberry Passports by the time AT&T launches Passports, I will assume that Verizon no longer cares about the needs of their clients and take my business elsewhere. The clock starts now.

Labels (1)
Re: I heard from a customer representative of Verizon that Verizon will not carry the Blackberry Passports.
AlejandraPatinoRealto
Enthusiast - Level 2

Totally agree with you.

Re: Re: I heard from a customer representative of Verizon that Verizon will not carry the Blackberry Passports.
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Most Verizon reps in the stores haven't a clue. They are so keen on pushing Android or iPhone, that most are not familiar with BlackBerry models at all. Until BlackBerry is given some respect from Verizon, it will stay that way.

0 Likes
Re: I heard from a customer representative of Verizon that Verizon will not carry the Blackberry Passports.
rcschnoor
Legend

DickLewis wrote:

Until BlackBerry is given some respect from Verizon, it will stay that way.

It is not respect which Verizon needs to give. It is sales which people must generate in order to get the respect. Respect for a device is normally equal to the number of sales it generates. The more sales, the more respect it will get from the sales staff.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

So I have to repeat myself. To sell, merchandise needs to be in the stores and on display.

Customers are not read minders. Verizon sales rep push other brands and haven't a clue about BlackBerry.

That is the fault of Verizon Wireless for the way reps are trained. 'Nuf said.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

BB has been around for quite some time and at one time was probably the MAJOR player in the smartphone market. It is NOT Verizon's fault they fell out of favor with their large user base. When/if the brand ever gains the widespread acceptance it once had, it will have the respect it deserves.

Until that time, I am sure it will receive the respect it deserves.

BB used to be in the store and on display. In my area, they still are in stores and on display. That does not make them sell any more units. It is not unreasonable for Verizon to remove devices which don't sell from their stores/displays IF the units don't sell. This is customary practice in the retail world.

A niche product deserves niche visibility, regardless how large a following it USED to have.

When/if BB increases their sales, the store/shelf space will be there.

Can anyone say Palm OS????

DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

At the behest of repeating myself. Stock and display will most certainly help sales.

Will it be millions, not likely, but loyal BlackBerry customers deserve to see phones in stores.

BTW, comparing to Palm OS is like apples and oranges. BlackBerry and BB10OS are a superb combination, Palm OS was definitely not.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

DickLewis wrote:

At the behest of repeating myself. Stock and display will most certainly help sales.

Will it be millions, not likely, but loyal BlackBerry customers deserve to see phones in stores.

BTW, comparing to Palm OS is like apples and oranges. BlackBerry and BB10OS are a superb combination, Palm OS was definitely not.

The choice of whether or not the sales generated by the shelf space alloted is best decided by the entity providing the shelf space. I think the choice of what shelf space goes to what phones in a Verizon store is best determined by VERIZON.

No one "deserves" to see any specific phone in a store. The STORE decides who gets to see what in their store.

At the behest of repeating myself, if the demand is there Verizon will allocate the shelf space.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

You're just being argumentative and not one bit of help at all.

Don't believe you even own a BlackBerry, sound like an iPhonatic.

Post what you want, all done with this thread. If you don't think all Verizon customers don't "deserve"

great treatment, then you are on the wrong planet.

Unsubscribing, all through with this moronic thread.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You are correct, I don't currently have an active BB but have had them in the past and that one sits ready in my desk drawer if I ever need a replacement phone and would like to switch back to BB. Currently, I use android but thanks for asking.Smiley Happy I have tried the BBs ON DISPLAY in my local Verizon store and have decided against them in favor of other platforms.

DickLewis wrote:

f you don't think all Verizon customers don't "deserve"

great treatment, then you are on the wrong planet.

Never said this, don't think it. "Deserving" great treatment and doling out shelf space dependent on device sales are 2 completely different things.

0 Likes