I'm Done With My Bold 9650 Random Re-Boots
david32312

Ok, I've been patient but enough is enough. I installed both OS6 upgrades when they popped up on my phone and I'm done with all this re-booting. I want my phone to work again, like it use to, without all this crap, it's what I pay my monthly bill for it to do, WORK!

Now, I am not a wizard with these things and don't care to be, I'm not into all this tweaking and beta's and all that stuff, I just want my phone to work when I want it to work and the re-boots TO END. Can some one give me a clear, no nonsense answer as to how to get my phone to work correctly again? I am ready to flush this thing or run over it with my car, I'm just done with this, it's re-booted twice in an hour since I turned it on this morning. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm Done With My Bold 9650 Random Re-Boots
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for the responses.

Did turning off wifi help? I've checked with blackberry and they recommend backing up your important data, contacts either through the app Backup Assistant or desktop manager program and doing a master reset on the device.

To master reset device-

Hard Reset - Process may take up to 5 minutes or more to complete depending on amount of data on device.
From the main screen, use trackpad to scroll down to Quick Menu bar
Scroll to All
Press trackpad to select and reveal more menu options
Scroll to Options, press Trackpad
Scroll to Security, press Trackpad
Scroll to Security Wipe, press Trackpad
Select from the following options to reset by selecting the check box

don't check media card

type blackberry in box

press wipe data

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, David,

Sorry about your reboots on your Bold.  I had the same problem with mine.  I would recommend going back to the prior software version of 5.0.0.975.  That version did not have the rebooting problem.  As I said before, I had the same problem with my Bold with the first version 6 software upgrade Verizon offered.  The lastes has been a little better for me.  I still get some random reboots, but they are very few.  In fact, it is about 1 or two a day.  I believe it has to do with the radio reception file in the software.  I have researched this problem for the past several months.  Now, the first thing someone who is reading this thread for the first time will offer as a suggestion is to pull the battery and dial *228 to update my PRL.  I tried those right off the bat, but to no avail.  I thought it was a software compatability problem.  So, I loaded just the software with no 3rd party apps, but with no luck.  The only thing I noted was the radio signal fluccuates from 5 bars to none and eventually the device resets itself.  The only sure-fire fix I found was going back to the version 5 software.  It is not the device, it is the software.  The Bold is a great device.  It just needs a good version 6 software fix.

Doc

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

One thing I have noticed since the previous post I made in this thread is that my reboots occurred while I had WiFi enabled.  I turned off WiFi and the reboots stopped.  The only thing I have on right now is mobile network, which is connected at 3G.  I was wondering if the original poster of this thread has tried running his device for a while with WiFi disabled to see if the reboots stop. 

Doc

0 Likes
david32312

Thanks for the reply Doc. I turned off the WiFi, let's se if that helps. Thanks!

0 Likes
taylordee

Thanks for the info! I am willing to try anything at this point, I am going crazy with these random reboots.  It is so annoying while I'm in the middle of an important call. I am done with this!!!! I was on my way to ask for a new device when I decided to try this forum.  Thanks for your help.  I will give it a try. 

BTW--

WI-FI is off on phone at all times so I am not sure that has anything to do with it. who knows Smiley Happy

Thanks

Dee

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks to the community for the responses.

Did turning off wifi help? I've checked with blackberry and they recommend backing up your important data, contacts either through the app Backup Assistant or desktop manager program and doing a master reset on the device.

To master reset device-

Hard Reset - Process may take up to 5 minutes or more to complete depending on amount of data on device.
From the main screen, use trackpad to scroll down to Quick Menu bar
Scroll to All
Press trackpad to select and reveal more menu options
Scroll to Options, press Trackpad
Scroll to Security, press Trackpad
Scroll to Security Wipe, press Trackpad
Select from the following options to reset by selecting the check box

don't check media card

type blackberry in box

press wipe data

0 Likes