I recently converted from my Blackberry Torch to the Z10. I travel a lot and use the VZ Access manager through my Torch. Can I do the same thing through my new Z10? I don't see that as an option on the software sight.
atepastt

I recently converted from my Blackberry Torch to the Z10.  I travel a lot and use the VZ Access manager through my Torch.  Can I do the same thing through my new Z10?  I don't see that as an option on the software sight.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I recently converted from my Blackberry Torch to the Z10. I travel a lot and use the VZ Access manager through my Torch. Can I do the same thing through my new Z10? I don't see that as an option on the software sight.
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

VZAccess Manager does not support BlackBerry 10.

Are you just trying to tether your computer to your BlackBerry?  Or do you need other functionality?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I recently converted from my Blackberry Torch to the Z10. I travel a lot and use the VZ Access manager through my Torch. Can I do the same thing through my new Z10? I don't see that as an option on the software sight.
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

VZAccess Manager does not support BlackBerry 10.

Are you just trying to tether your computer to your BlackBerry?  Or do you need other functionality?

0 Likes
atepastt

Yes, I typically tether in airports so I don't have to pay for wireless. Like to do this versus add a hotspot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Any reason you don't want to use WiFi Hotspot?

Are you on a Share Everything Plan?

0 Likes
atepastt

I am on a corporate account and I believe a hotspot will add $30 per month to my rate. I payed nothing more when I tethered through VZ Access manager.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.

Email info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Ah. Well, you might be out of luck in that case.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Atepastt,

Congrats on your new Z10! I know having the right features is important. The Z10 uses Blackberry link software. The device uses the mobile hotspot feature to non-cord tether the device. The mobile hotspot feature is an additional cost. You can add this feature online http://vz.to/1di2TlT .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only "free" option available (free is in quotes because it uses you data plan which may or may not be unlimited) is to use BlackBerry Bridge your Z10 to a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet which works flawlessly.  This of course won't allow you to connect to a laptop, etc.  Verizon is probably trying to phase out such free tethering as it produces no revenue to them.

0 Likes