I want Facebook off my Blackberry!
mcf317

I tried to delete Facebook off my device, but the icon is still there.  (But it's NOT there when I pull up the application list)  When I pull up my calendar, it lists Facebook as one of my calendar choices.  I don't want this.  

I also deleted my device from the Facebook website so I no longer am linked via Facebook Mobile, but it hasn't changed. 

Any ideas?

Also, separate issue:  Anyone know how to do a "hard reboot" of a Blackberry?  One that would wipe out all data and applications and restore it to the same condition it was in right out of the box?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want Facebook off my Blackberry!
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

You can't completely get rid of the Facebook icon. You've successfully deleted it if it's not showing up in your Applications list. What remains is just the icon which acts as a link to redownload the application. So the only thing you can do in this case is HIDE the icon if you don't want to see it. It's not taking up much space, maybe a few kilobytes.

The same applies to other icons you have for VZ Navigator, MyVerizon and other VZW crap they provide icons for.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2
0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

This is what I did to remove FaceBook & BB Messenger, both of which I do not use and eat a lot of memory.  Go into Options/ Advanced Options/e Book and delete anything to do with the pushed programs you do not want.  Be sure to make a complete back up of your phone before you do this.  I had to do this about three times before it stuck, but they no longer show up.  Let me know if it works for you.

SoccerRef

0 Likes
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you, you have successfully authenticated. A Verizon agent will message you shortly.
0 Likes