If I get a blackberry pearl can I use it as regular phone without extra services
gamu60
0 Likes
Re: If I get a blackberry pearl can I use it as regular phone without extra services
BlitZzkrieg
No you must subscribe to a data plan with any Blackberry. There is no way around it.
0 Likes
Re: If I get a blackberry pearl can I use it as regular phone without extra services
mretrade
Enthusiast - Level 3

RIM makes $6.00 a month off of every subscriber.

Pearl is a good phone. But has big issues with memory leak. 

0 Likes
aipnai
Enthusiast - Level 2
If I were to get the BB Pearl with a required data plan, will VZ let me drop the data plan after the first month?
0 Likes
Goodeye
Not sure if any of the regular phone do that (though I suspect that some may) you may want to contact your local Verizon store and see if they know of a phone that can do it.
0 Likes
Goodeye
Ya sorry can't be of more help.

It's just the way that Verizon has it set up. But the $30 is totally worth it for everything you can do and whatnot with the Blackberry.
0 Likes
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3
There are a few PDA's that you can sync your Outlook calendar and address book with that you don't have to have a data plan for. Basically any PDA released before November 2008 can be activated with a data block. Some of these models include: Palm Centro, 700wx, 755p, XV6800, XV6900, Samsung i-760, SMT5800 . PDA's that you must have a data plan with include: Samsung Saga, Omnia, HTC Touch Pro and of course all Blackberries.
0 Likes