Importing contacts from Windows Live Email to BlackBerry Storm 9550
NanaSharon41

I have tried every way I know to transfer my Windows 7 Live email contacts to my new BlackBerry Storm 9550 and nothing seems to work.  Are they compatible?  And if so, how can this be done?  Does the BlackBerry record addresses and other information about contacts as well as phone numbers?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Importing contacts from Windows Live Email to BlackBerry Storm 9550
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

NanaSharon41 wrote:

I have tried every way I know to transfer my Windows 7 Live email contacts to my new BlackBerry Storm 9550 and nothing seems to work.  Are they compatible?  And if so, how can this be done?  Does the BlackBerry record addresses and other information about contacts as well as phone numbers?

Hi,

Probably the easiest way to sync contact information would be by first exporting your contact list from Windows 7 into a vcard file or an excel type file such as a .csv file.  Then, by using Blackberry Desktop Manager, import that file and load the contacts onto your device.  Personally, I spent a few dollars and bought a program called Data Pilot from Susteen. Data Pilot works with all sorts of phones and devices allowing you to easily transfer contacts from one device to another.  I use it to regularly backup my Tour's contact list.  It was worth the money to buy that program because it saves all of the fields in the phone such as addresses, email addresses, etc.  Anyways, let me know if the above works for you.

Doc

0 Likes
NanaSharon41

Well, Doc, I tried changing the contact list from Windows 7 to a .csv file like you suggested but an error message came up and the Blackberry could not receive the file.  Looks like I might be checking out the Data Pilot from Susteen.  I just hope they have a version for Windows 7.  Thanks for trying to help.

NanaSharon41

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure if this is what Doc was talking about or not...Try exporting to the cvs file and then import in to Outlook. From there you can use the sync option within Blackberry Desktop Manager, just make sure it's a two way sync.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Yes, that was pretty much what I was talking about.  It should work, but not 100% sure with the New Windows 7.  I really like the little bit of money I spent for the DataPilot program.  I bought it a few years ago to use with an LG regular cell phone I had for transfering and keeping up with contacts.  It works with virtually any phone and I have kept using it with all the different devices I have had over the years.  It has more than paid for itself for me. 

Doc

0 Likes