Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
peakcomp
Member

So...I have been anxiously awaiting VZW to release this 5 software.  I finally plugged in the ol' BB and upgraded the OS to 5.0.  These are the items that I would like to see addressed:

 

1.  Blackberry Messenger is no longer OPTIONAL download and use.  It is now CORE SYSTEM SOFTWARE and is constantly running in the background.  I do NOT use this Messenger software as I already have numerous messenger software that I have installed and regularly use anyways. 

 

Contacted VZW, and they 'haven't had any other complaints, and don't see a way to disable BB Messenger'. 

 

2.  My internet browser is having troubles clicking on links.  I find myself 'clicking' on links numerous times and in multiple areas of the link to get the browser to recognize that I am infact clicking on a link and asking for it to go to that link. 

 

Contacted VZW, and again, 'no other reports of the problem, dont know how to fix it.'

 

I requested to be transfered to Blackberry to discuss with them these items, and VZW told me 'there is no need to transfer to BB at this time'.  She advised me to contact Blackberry on my own and PAY for support!  PAY????????????? 

 

At this point, after anxiously awaiting VZW to release OS 5, I am about to give up my BB.  It seems every software release hasn't been tested.  Verizon just royally frustrated me on the phone.

 

ANY IDEAS  GUYS?

 

Ken

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
woyala
Sr. Member

BBM has always been active as long as you have BIS or BES on.  If you want to remove if you can uninstall it through desktop manager.

 

As far as the clicking problem, it was happening even before this OS was leaked and some people say it is fixed when they zoom in or you can use Opera Mini instead.

 

That's why I will keep the leaked OS I have (5.0.0.419) as it is running great.

0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
nmchileman
Sr. Member

peakcomp wrote:

 

 

2.  My internet browser is having troubles clicking on links.  I find myself 'clicking' on links numerous times and in multiple areas of the link to get the browser to recognize that I am infact clicking on a link and asking for it to go to that link. 

 

Contacted VZW, and again, 'no other reports of the problem, dont know how to fix it.'

 

I requested to be transfered to Blackberry to discuss with them these items, and VZW told me 'there is no need to transfer to BB at this time'.  She advised me to contact Blackberry on my own and PAY for support!  PAY????????????? 

 

At this point, after anxiously awaiting VZW to release OS 5, I am about to give up my BB.  It seems every software release hasn't been tested.  Verizon just royally frustrated me on the phone.

 

ANY IDEAS  GUYS?

 

Ken


 

2. I have this issue too. Didn't prior to the update. Usually if I zoom in the phone finally selects the link and loads the page.

 

It's a minor software glitch that VZW won't be able to support. They can only document it and send it back to RIM as feedback. VZW does not program or code the OS. RIM does. 

 

And yes. You do have to pay for Tech Support directly from RIM

0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
Jude526
Member

The rep should had connected you to BB and not tell you to pay for the call   that is RUDE.   I would call back again and am sure a customer rep would connect you to BB  I have talked to them before via using Customer care........that rep shows she doesn't care about giving good customer service. 

 

I am not happy with the 5.0 and I downgraded to the 4.7  too many bugs and am happy with the 4.7  I had the same issues as you and I think the rep you talked to wasn't informed at all.  I also had a similiar situation but the rep I talked with really tried to assist me.  Some people care about their jobs and some don't. 

 

You would be best to downgrade to the 4.7   but that is just my opinion.  Until the bugs are out, am not using the 5.0  OS

 

Surprises me Verizon released this because they are so selective on their upgrades and want perfection.

0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
peakcomp
Member

 

Actually, BB messenger has NEVER been running as a core system app in previous updates.  It was an optional download just as was Live Messenger and Yahoo Messenger.  It is now permanent in the background and always running.
Clicking problems others are experiencing I see on the board...but, won't be addressed until the next OS release.

K

woyala wrote:

BBM has always been active as long as you have BIS or BES on.  If you want to remove if you can uninstall it through desktop manager.

 

As far as the clicking problem, it was happening even before this OS was leaked and some people say it is fixed when they zoom in or you can use Opera Mini instead.

 

That's why I will keep the leaked OS I have (5.0.0.419) as it is running great.


 

 

0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
peakcomp
Member

 

I plan on downgrading to 4.7 again as well.  I did contact Tier II support and they advised me of the same thing, No transfer to RIM. 
I as well, after VZW was the last provider to release 5.0 software..meaning they picked and prodded it to death and then released it after waiting and waiting and waiting..and ALL of these very noticable glitches?  hmm
K

Jude526 wrote:

The rep should had connected you to BB and not tell you to pay for the call   that is RUDE.   I would call back again and am sure a customer rep would connect you to BB  I have talked to them before via using Customer care........that rep shows she doesn't care about giving good customer service. 

 

I am not happy with the 5.0 and I downgraded to the 4.7  too many bugs and am happy with the 4.7  I had the same issues as you and I think the rep you talked to wasn't informed at all.  I also had a similiar situation but the rep I talked with really tried to assist me.  Some people care about their jobs and some don't. 

 

You would be best to downgrade to the 4.7   but that is just my opinion.  Until the bugs are out, am not using the 5.0  OS

 

Surprises me Verizon released this because they are so selective on their upgrades and want perfection.


 

 

0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
sinatralady
Member

Hi,

 

Can you please tell me what I need to do in order to downgrade to the previous version?  I use my phone for business and cannot afford to deal with the clicking problem I am experiencing.

 

Thanks = )

0 Likes
Re: Installed (2x) BB OS 5.0.0.591 A bit frustrated with VZW support
nxalfaro
Member

You need to do it from your Desktop Manager. 

 

Before you do this make sure you backup.

 

From the Main Menu

Go to Update Software

Select Old Version

 

Good Luck

0 Likes