Insufficient Network Coverage
thefunkygourmet

Hi Everyone!

Since yesterday I have not been receiving any of my emails onto my blackberry.  This morning I tried to make sure my email address was in the phone and I keep getting this message..."There is insuficient network coverage to process your request.  Please try again later".  I have had this phone for two years and never had this problem.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Insufficient Network Coverage
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Try a battery pull and see if things clear up.  You may also have to resend your service books.

Doc

View solution in original post

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Try a battery pull and see if things clear up.  You may also have to resend your service books.

Doc

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Try some simple steps.

Pull out your battery for a few seconds and reinsert and let the phone reboot.

When was the last time you've updated your PRL by dialing *228? Has it been more than 30 days? If yes, then dial *228 and select option #2 when the recording comes on and let it complete.

After doing this two things test out the connection again. Does it work?

No? What kind of signal are you getting? Do you have 1XEV? (or does it say 1X, 1x or 1xev?) If it's not all capitals (1XEV) then you're not connected to the data network.

Click on your Options icon then click on Advanced Options > Host Routing Table. Press the Blackberry menu button and in the window that pops up select Register Now. You should get a registration message in your general inbox. Has your connection changed now to 1XEV?

If not you may need to call in to Tech Support for some more indepth troubleshooting. Make sure you call from a different line. 800-922-0204.

0 Likes
thefunkygourmet

Thanks Doc!  The battery pull worked!  All of my emails are still coming through!  Thank you so much and have a great day!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

You're welcome.

0 Likes