International Student in need of help!
ashiin

I will be going to college at Oneonta, NY in about 2 weeks or so, and I've wanted to get the blackberry for a while now but looking at the individual plans (I have no family in the states so I guess I can't do family plans) it's just... Crazy expensive. Looking at the website, the messaging + email plan with 450 minutes is 99 dollars a month... Which is just way too much for me. Are there any options I can take to make the plan cheaper? Such as a cap on the messages I can send instead of unlimited?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: International Student in need of help!
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
Verizon has a 300 minute plan (which they do not advertise) for $34.99 and you can pay $5.00 for 250 text messages a month. With the blackberry data plan at $30.00 that will be about $70 plus taxes and fees. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
ashiin
That helps a lot. Are there ones a little more than just 250 messages? Like say 500 or so.
0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
$10 for 500. $15 for 1,500. $20 for 5,000. All include unlimited verizon to verizon messages.
0 Likes
ashiin
edit// Do they have any cheaper minute plans?
Message Edited by ashiin on 08-06-2009 07:07 PM
0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
You would have to get a pay as you go plan which a bb is not part of if I'm not mistaken. Also in regards to messaging if you go the bb route you can use BB Messenger as long as your contacts have a BB or just Tweet them using one of the Twitter Clients.
0 Likes
ashiin

"You would have to get a pay as you go plan which a bb is not part of if I'm not mistaken. Also in regards to messaging if you go the bb route you can use BB Messenger as long as your contacts have a BB or just Tweet them using one of the Twitter Clients."

I'm totally fine with the $5/month 250 text messages thing, along with the data plan $30. Is the 300 minute plan the minimal minute plan they've got? Cause If there's one that's like 150 minutes that would work too.

0 Likes
cgbb
Enthusiast - Level 3
Not that I'm aware of, just the 300 minutes which most people aren't aware of because Vz doesn't advertise that anymore. You'll have to go with pay as you go.
0 Likes
ashiin
If I do the pay as I go, is it still unlimited when I call other verizon peeps?
0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3
And unlimited VZ to VZ messaging starts with the 10 dollar /500 message plan not the 250/5 dollar one.
0 Likes