Internet Browser will not connect
saharris1965

I cannot connect to any of my applications.  The ones I use are Facebook and the weather channel. It will not connect to Blackberry.  But I am receiveing emails at my aol address on my phone.  Just says unable to connect to internest, please try again later. If problem persists, contact service provider.

I have already taken the battery out and put it back in.... that did not work

I have a Blackberry Curve 8330

thanks for you help

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Internet Browser will not connect
ChicagoVols

I am having the exact same problem.  Can get emails and BB Messenger messages, but cannot connect to internet.  Same error message.

I have a Storm.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hello, I got the same thing and I have AOL also what I did was cleaned memory on browser and did a 5 minute battery pull, works great now, I wonder if its AOL cuasing blackberry to do this or its just blackberry, I really don't I wish but something is going on for sure...very interesting!
0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Hey guys, if still acting weird do a couple of battery pulls normal B.P 5 seconds.. Oh also enable memory cleaner from device, also on browser memory don't forget to erase pushed content as well as others!
0 Likes
cynetewood

Call me crazy JCM, but I think the problem is a little more severe than that, since my sister and I both have problems with our tours. Started yesterday for me, how about everyone else?

0 Likes
AmySams

I have been having the same problem, getting the same error message for the past 5.5 hours now. I have a BlackBerry Curve. My friend has the same phone I do and hers has been doing this too tonight. It's extremely frustrating. I called Verizon to give them a piece of my mouth but it was 15 minutes after their customer support hours end. They will hear my mouth tomorrow. And I want a credit for the time I was not able to access the internet.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yeah its absolutely severe so how in the heak did I get my browser up in running after not being able to complete post, internet was not loading at all, guess what I'm posting on storm after doing what I did mmm, I tell you want though berryweather is not working as well as other apps so has to be blackberry corps, Hey so is any ones browser working, mine is now!
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

The BIS has been going up and down for several hours now. Nothing wrong with your phones. 

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
Yes, I know that I'm sure as well as others but for those that don't, there's your answer! I Tell you what I found a work around though, my brother had same problem and he couldn't get his internet going after battery pulls, but that's not all you suppose to do, got to my hands and his browser is working again hmm? So you tell me if you should leave it to BIS to fix it for you and wait or do some tricks to get it running again?
0 Likes
jboslooper

I've been having this problem now for a few weeks and it seems to be getting progressively worse.  I notice it more at night starting around 8PM, thats when I am very limited in where I can browse or access.  I start getting messages like "Cannot establish connection.." and "Connection Time Out".

When I wake up in the morning everything seems fine and back to normal.  Battery pulls and memory cleaning will always help make the phone faster (which I have done) but I think this may be more of a network issue than anything since the phone is working just fine, its the data connections that aren't.

Last night I could not even browse a blackberry website, but I was getting emails just fine.  This morning I am fully functional again.....Anyone know of any service outages or a place where we can go to find blackberry service outages?

0 Likes